The American Indian Program was created in the 1970s at Scottsdale Community College to address the constantly changing and highly diverse educational needs of American Indian students and communities. The mission of the American Indian Program is to provide comprehensive academic and personal support that promotes opportunities for a successful and enhanced college experience for the American Indian student.
Scottsdale Community College is a public community college located on the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community in Scottsdale, Arizona. The mission of SCC is to create accessible, effective, and affordable environments for teaching and learning for the people of our communities in order that they may grow personally and become productive citizens in a changing and multicultural world.
The American Indian Program provides a wide variety of programs and services that are designed to assist students in their educational and personal development at Scottsdale Community College.
Student Support Services
- Administrative Services
- Assistance with Enrollment & Registration
- Cultural Awareness Activities
- Financial Aid Advisement: Tribal Scholarships, Federal Grants and Student Loans
- Indigenous Scholars Institute: Tutoring Services (Math and Research Skills)
- Personal/Academic Counseling
- Peer Support & Networking
- Student Clubs & Engagement: Sun Earth Alliance Indian Club
- Student Retention Programs
Community and Student Outreach
- On-site recruitment at Phoenix Metropolitan area high schools and SRPMIC school district
- School and community education/career fairs
- Hoop of Learning college bridge program for students 9th - 12th grade
- Salt River Jr. ACE summer program for SRPMIC students 5th - 8th grade
American Indian Focused Academic and Occupational Programs
- Sustaining and Advancing Indigenous Nations (formerly known as Tribal Development)
- American Indian Studies
- Strategies for College Success class for American Indian students
- SRPMIC only: Please process your tribal ID through this website. Here is the link for your waiver and you will upload your tribal ID to it.
- Acceptable Documents to Establish Lawful Presence
- Register for the FREE Drive-Through Flu Shot Clinic
- Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community
- Learn how to use Canvas