Effective for Summer 2019 enrollment, students who meet the standards identified below may use the following measures for their primary placement tool in lieu of taking the ACCUPLACER placement exam:
High School Transcript: Student has completed at least two years of high school coursework within the last 10 years, verified by an unofficial high school transcript listing a 2.6 or higher, unweighted, cumulative GPA
GED: Placement based on individual subject area scores of 165 or higher. Scores are valid for 5 years
ACT: Placement based on individual subject area scores of 18 or higher. Scores are valid for 5 years.
SAT: Placement based on individual subject areas as listed on the Course Placement Chart. Scores are valid for 5 years
Students may take the ACCUPLACER for additional placement options.
- Submit unofficial high school transcripts or ACT, SAT, or GED scores online at https://my.maricopa.edu/services/placement, you can also mail or bring them to the Testing Center
- For other purposes such as Financial Aid, etc. students may also need to have an official transcript sent by their high school to the SCC Admissions & Records Office
- Students under the age of 18 must meet AZ State admissions requirements AND course placement requirements
Placement testing is free for students attending any Maricopa Community College – students testing for other colleges will be charged a $25.00 proctoring fee
Please bring your 8-digit SCC student ID number
Walk-in testing, no appointment required – Test START times:
Fall & Spring
Monday - Thursday 8:00 am - 3:30 pm
Friday 10:00 am - 2:30 pm
Monday - Wednesday 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
Please bring your 8-digit SCC student ID number.
- New college students who do not meet the high school GPA, GED, SAT, or ACT requirements listed above will complete placement testing in all three subject-areas: English, Reading, and Math, in one test session. Allow 2 to 2 ½ hours for completion.
- Single Test Sessions: For students who wish to attempt placement higher than allowed by their high school GPA, GED, SAT, or ACT scores or original placement test, and continuing or transfer students. Allow one hour per subject area for completion.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) CELSA Exam: Allow one hour for completion
For sample tests, study guides and other information, please see the box on the upper left of the page.
ACCUPLACER Placement Testing Outside the Maricopa County Area
For students who plan to attend SCC, but are currently living out of the area, remote ACCUPLACER test possibilities may be available nearby. Contact the SCC Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to request information on how to complete placement testing at a local test site. In your request, please include your full name, SCC Student ID Number, date of birth, city, state, and zip code. Students are responsible for all fees charged by the remote ACCUPLACER test site.
Scottsdale Community College Instructor Testing
By appointment only. To schedule an appointment:
- Navigate to: www.scottsdalecc.edu/TCAPP
- Log in with your MEID & Password
- Select "Schedule my make-up tests in the SCC Testing Center"
- Select the appropriate test – select date & time and schedule your appointment
- When you complete the process you will have the option to print your receipt; if you don’t see the print option you have not registered successfully
To change or cancel your appointments, return to www.scottsdalecc.edu/TCAPP and click on "Select" for the specific exam you wish to cancel or reschedule.
*HESI A2 Nursing Admission Exam
(For admission only, NOT for Nursing Refresher Courses)
HESI A2 by appointment only - Test START times:
- Monday – Thursday 9:30am – 1pm
- Friday 10:30am – 12pm (closed Friday in Summer)
Schedule an appointment by email at email@example.com (please list a minimum of three (3) preferred testing dates/times). The HESI A2 is not available the week prior to finals or finals week.
- Students applying to a Maricopa County Community College (MCCCD): A four (4) hour timed exam that includes only the modules required by the MCCCD Nursing program. $40.00 fee (subject to change).
- Students applying to Colleges other than a Maricopa County Community College: Untimed exam - students are responsible for knowing/taking the modules required by their institution, and for scheduling an appointment that will allow sufficient time to complete those modules. Exams collected 15 minutes prior to close. $65.00 fee (subject to change).
- Students must have a HESI (Evolve) username and password: Information on creating a username/password can be found under Downloads near the top of this page.
*MCCCD students who have or need authorized testing accommodations for the HESI A2 Exam should contact the SCC Disability Resources & Services Office prior to scheduling an appointment at (480) 423-6517 or firstname.lastname@example.org
(Exams for other schools and institutions)
By appointment only – Test START times: Monday – Thursday 10:30am – 4:30pm (no Friday proctoring). Proctoring services are not available the week prior to finals or finals week. Proctoring appointments are limited. Students are advised to schedule their testing appointment as far in advance as possible. There is no guarantee of a specific testing time.
Exams collected 15 minutes prior to close. Students are responsible for ensuring SCC receives exam prior to their test date.
Schedule an appointment by email at email@example.com (please list a minimum of three (3) preferred testing dates/times). Students are responsible for scheduling an appointment that will allow them enough time to complete their exam. $25.00 fee (subject to change)