Fall 2022 Information
Who tests in the Testing Center?
- Students who are unable to attend an established faculty proctor session for that exam. Due to limited space and staffing, this should be no more than 20% of a class. Appointments are required for all testing.
- In courses where exams are offered remotely through Respondus or other online methods, the make-up exam should be offered in the same method by the instructor whenever possible.
- Please note: The Testing Center cannot accommodate entire classes for testing, regardless of course length or modality.
Students provided accommodations through the Disability Resources & Services Office that require testing in the Testing Center.
Testing Center Office Hours
- Monday - Thursday: Testing appointments starting at 8:15 am.
- Friday: Testing appointments begin at 10 am.
- Exams must be completed by 4:45 pm every day; Monday – Friday.
- All exams by appointment only.
Important Notes Regarding Exam Submission
- Exam information and submission for accommodated students should be made through DRS connect.
- ALL students with testing accommodations approved by the Disability Resources and Services Office will schedule appointments through the DRS Connect website.
- Exam submission for students testing without accommodations (makeup exams) will continue to be through the Testing Center program.
- Exams must be dropped off by you or a department staff member.
- The Testing Center can only accept and return accommodated exams online through DRS Connect. We cannot accept or return other exams via email or through the student/tester.
- If sending exams to Testing via campus mail, please include a cover sheet for each exam.
- There may be a line when you arrive and we will assist students and faculty in the order they arrive. Please allow adequate time for Testing Center staff to review your materials when dropped off.
- The primary purpose of the small private room in the Testing Center is for student testing, so the space will not always be available for exam submission. If you have not submitted or printed instructions in advance, you can utilize a dedicated computer in the Welcome Center (photo ID required for printing).
- Students are not able to schedule appointments until you have submitted the exam directions online, so please submit instructions as early as possible.
Exams requiring computer and or Internet Access
- Computers are available for exams and are equipped with Respondus Lock-Down Browser. Respondus works with Canvas, allowing the instructor to control the website(s) the student will have access to during testing.
- For information on using the Respondus Lock-Down Browser, please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL).
- Due to the soundproofing of the testing room and SCC Testing Center security protocols, mobile devices are not accessible or permitted in the Testing room for any purpose. Online resources are only accessible via Testing Center computers.
- If specific technology is required for your exam, please contact the Testing Center to determine if it is available on our computers prior to submitting your exam. Students must know how to access any materials and/or technology necessary to complete the exam.
Information you can share with your students
Specific student instructions are attached separately to this email.
- All exams are administered by appointment, please encourage your students to schedule their appointments online as early as possible.
- A current and valid state, federal, or school photo ID is required for all testing services. This must be the actual ID - photocopies or electronic versions of the ID will not be accepted.
- Students must know and bring usernames and passwords necessary for any online testing program accessed for their exam.
- Students are assigned a locker to secure all personal items. Any oversized items left on top or outside of the lockers are left at the student’s own risk and are NOT watched by Testing Center personnel.
- Cell phones and other mobile devices may not be used for any purpose in the Testing room and must be turned completely off and stored in the assigned locker during testing.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the Testing room and restroom breaks are not permitted, unless authorized as an accommodation through the Disability Resources & Services office.
- The Testing Center cannot accept homework assignments. Students should make other arrangements with their instructor for turning in homework.
- Children cannot accompany parents into the testing room and cannot be left unattended on campus (Student Handbook 2.4.10). Exams will not be administered to students who leave children unattended to test.
If questions arise, please call (480) 423-6433 or email [email protected]. To ensure a timely response, please do not email individual staff members.