NOTE: If you plan to use Financial Aid, apply at www.fafsa.ed.gov now!
FAFSA Priority Deadlines: Spring Semester—Nov. 1; Summer Semester—April 1; Fall Semester—July 1
For information visit: Financial Aid.
Get Admitted - admissions.maricopa.edu
Questions? Visit the Welcome Center for in-person assistance or call the Helpdesk at 1-888-994-4433. You will use your MEID to log on to all student tools and Student ID # for registration and academic support.
Provide additional documentation
Admissions and Records (SS-136), (480) 423-6100
Proof of identity
Provide a government-issued photo ID in-person at Admissions and Records, or online.
Citizenship/Lawful Presence and Residency
To determine eligibility for in-state tuition, you must provide documentation verifying your citizenship status (required by law) and residency in-person at Admissions and Records, or online.
Activate your Maricopa email account
Take the ACCUPLACER Placement Test
Testing Center (SC-150), 480-423-6433
- New students must take all three sections (WritePlacer, Reading Comprehension & Math) of the placement test before registering. Test is untimed but plan for average of 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
- Photo ID and SCC Student ID number are required for all testing.
- Bring unofficial High School Transcript if you have attended high school within the last 3 years
- For information and preparation materials visit: www.scottsdalecc.edu/students/testing-center
- Outside of the Scottsdale area? Remote/Proctored ACCUPLACER testing may be available in your local area. Contact the Testing Center at email@example.com for more information. Fees may apply.
New college students: ATTEND A SOAR SESSION, meet with an advisor & register for classes
- All new students must attend SOAR (Scottsdale New Student Orientation, Advising & Registration) to get advised and register for classes. (3 hour session)
- For schedule and information: See www.scottsdalecc.edu/students/admissions/soar
- If you will be under 18 at the time of registration, the ‘Financial Responsibility and Consent Form’ must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian to be eligible to register at SOAR. Form can be found here: my.maricopa.edu/services/admissions-records-registration/under-18-financial-responsibility-and-consent
Students with prior college credit: MEET WITH AN ADVISOR & register for classes
Academic and Career Advisement Center (SC-130), (480) 423-6539
- Bring unofficial transcripts of all college coursework completed to meet with an academic advisor in the Academic and Career Advising Center.
- No appointment is needed to see an advisor. After meeting with an advisor, register for classes:
Online: Log in to your online Student Center page at my.maricopa.edu and select ‘Add a Class’
In-Person: Complete a registration form and submit it to Admissions and Records
By Phone: Call (480) 423-6100
CREATE A PLAN TO PAY FOR TUITION & FEES
Cashier's Office (SS-136) 480-423-6148
- To avoid being dropped from your class(es) please make note of the following deadlines:
Summer 2018: Make your payment (or payment arrangements) on or before Sunday, May 20, 2018.
Fall 2018: Make your payment (or payment arrangements) on or before Sunday, July 29, 2018.
- Payment options include cash, check, credit card, or payment plan.
- For information visit: www.scottsdalecc.edu/students/cashiers-office/payment-options
Check your account for payment due dates and refund deadlines
Log in to your Student Center at my.maricopa.edu and click ‘Account Inquiry’ under the ‘Finances’ section to view tuition payment due dates and refund deadlines.
- Check your Student Center To-Do Lists (my.maricopa.edu) for important status updates on your Financial Aid
- Make a plan to check your college email regularly or Welcome Center staff can also assist you with forwarding it to a personal email account
- Get your Student ID Card after you have registered
- Find your classes using the campus map or stop by the Welcome Center for Map Assistance
- Purchase or rent textbooks. Check your Student Center for textbook information and contact the Bookstore 480-423-6654 or www.bkstr.com/scottsdaleccstore/home for more information
- Pay in full or set up a payment plan for tuition & fees by the deadlines listed in Step 4 on the front. Visit the Welcome Center for assistance with setting up the online Payment Plans