Request an Instant Schedule
The Academic Advisement Center can help you to make a plan to reach your academic and career goals. Advisors help you reevaluate your plans and check your progress in this ongoing process.
Academic advising is mostly done by scheduling a meeting with your advisor. Meetings can be on-campus in-person, video meeting, and telephone. Additionally, your advisor can be reached by email.
All students should visit with an advisor. Before you come in or call there are a few things you can do to get ready:
- Review the new student registration steps and complete all the steps before the advisement step.
- You must have a student ID number and MEID to sign in to see an advisor.
- Bring your student ID card (Artie Card) or a state issued ID to sign in to see an advisor.
- Gather all transcripts from past college work and have them ready for the advisor to review. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for advising but you will need official transcripts sent directly to SCC to transfer the credit.
- Current students should log in to the Student Center and review their online Degree Progress Report prior to visiting Advisement.