Scottsdale Community College will be a premier educational and cultural center that serves the needs of its diverse communities by providing innovative and creative opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve.
Scottsdale Community College improves the quality of life in our communities by providing challenging, supportive, and distinctive learning experiences. We are committed to offering high-quality, collaborative, affordable, and accessible opportunities that enable learners to achieve lifelong educational, professional, and personal goals.
SCC fulfills this mission by:
- delivering rigorous and relevant instruction
- providing outstanding support to students, faculty, and staff
- encouraging an open and dynamic exchange of learning among the college, tribal nations, and local and world communities
- promoting civic responsibility, sustainability, and global engagement
- fostering personal growth and connectedness.
- We value excellence in all areas because it optimizes the ability to compete and achieve distinction academically, professionally, and personally. By setting high standards, SCC maximizes effectiveness and improves the quality of life for all. We honor our communities by expecting and recognizing exemplary performance.
- We value learning because it broadens our experience and promotes lifelong growth and success. We are committed to providing opportunities for students, employees, and members of our communities to learn and to develop personally and professionally.
- We value integrity because it leads to a culture of respect and trust, resulting in a supportive environment in which people can thrive. SCC strives for integrity through decision making which is ethical, data informed, fiscally sound, and strategic. We uphold academic freedom. We expect personal responsibility and accountability from all individuals.
- We value a culture of innovation because we must anticipate and address the evolving needs of our communities. By encouraging and supporting appropriate risk taking and creative problem solving, we meet these needs and solidify our reputation as a premier community college.
- We value inclusiveness because we all benefit by embracing a diversity of voices, viewpoints, and experiences. SCC cultivates success when individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds are respected and empowered to contribute.
- We value connectedness because it creates a sense of belonging and establishes a community of learners. Through effective communication and collaboration among students, faculty, staff, and community members, we build a collective identity as well as the mutual understanding and respect necessary to achieve our mission.