The Scottsdale Community College (SCC) Disability Resources and Services (DRS) Office provides accommodations and services to students with disabilities to ensure equal access to all SCC programs, services, and activities. Our office strives to empower students, foster independence and self-advocacy, in order to promote achievement of career and educational goals. DRS works with students, faculty, and campus staff to determine and implement reasonable accommodations representative of equal access.
A student wishing to use services must meet MCCCD admissions requirements, or be enrolled as an MCCCD student, and provide DRS with documentation outlining the nature of the disability prior to receiving any accommodations. DRS is responsible for evaluating documentation and determining reasonable accommodations.
Please take a moment to log into DRS Connect to get started with affiliating with the DRS office. If you have any questions or experience difficulties with this process, please contact our office for assistance.
- Complete the DRS Connect application online.
- Have your MEID and password available and your SCC Student Identification number.
- Expect to spend between 5 and 15 minutes.
- Upload documentation.
- Scan your documentation and upload the file(s) after completing the request form.
- Documentation can also be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off in person.
- The DRS office will reach out through your SCC email.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (480) 423-6517 with questions.
- Submit the disability/accommodation documentation you have available.
- Helpful information may include:
- Medical records
- Psychoeducational test reports
- School records
- Letter from a current treatment provider
Note: Accommodations are not retroactive. A student with appropriate documentation and approval of DRS staff is entitled to services/accommodations from that date forward. It is important to request academic accommodations each semester.