There are many eLearning options available to students at SCC. eLearning at Scottsdale Community College encompasses In Person, Online, Hybrid, Hyflex, and Hyflex Hybrid classes.
- An In Person class meets in person at designated dates, times, and locations where students are physically present for class.
- An Online class is a class that takes place entirely online (you never attend a face-to-face class, but testing may be in person)
- A Live Online class takes place entirely online but students are required to attend virtual sessions that occur on specified days and times; a HYBRID class mixes online and face-to-face class times.
- Hyflex class gives students the flexibility to attend class sessions in person or online with all class work submitted online.
- A Hyflex Hybrid class gives students the flexibility to attend class sessions in person or online and includes on campus sessions for reduced portion of class time/period.
Most eLearning classes are available through a Learning Management System (LMS). Instructure Canvas and MOER are the learning management systems adopted by all Maricopa Community Colleges (except Rio Salado). All class formats typically use Canvas; face-to-face classes may or may not have an online presence using these systems.
Scottsdale Community College offers many programs where the courses needed to earn a certificate and/or degree are available online.