Canvas Classrooms: Your Canvas Course
Top Five Things You NEED to Know About Canvas
TIP: Click the hyperlinks below to learn more about certain Canvas features.
- "Change is good," is the motto for this learning management system. In other words, enhancements or changes to the system can come as quick as every two weeks. This allows Canvas to improve regularly and not wait for upgrades to add new features. Usually, these changes would be minor, but it's important to be aware of this.
- When you first open Canvas, click on your Settings (upper right corner). This is where you can add your avatar (picture), by clicking the dotted box next to your name. Also, check your Notifications; your instructor may want you to set certain preferences here, and can be forwarded to your email via notifications.
- Instead of an email tool, Canvas uses a Conversations feature, which is accessible through the Inbox link (upper right corner). Your instructor may well send messages to you through this feature, so make sure you are comfortable with it. Conversations apply to all Canvas courses you are enrolled in.
- When using the Grades link on the course menu, click the various icons next to grade items to check for possible comments, grade details or rubric results.
- The Library Resources link on the course menu will take you to the Maricopa-wide library system. To go to SCC's library home page, click the My College Library link.