Canvas Classrooms and Your Canvas Course
Top five things you need to know about Canvas
Tip: Click the hyperlinks below to learn more about Canvas classrooms and your Canvas course.
- When you first open Canvas, click on your Account (upper left corner). This is where you can add your avatar (picture), by clicking the Profile link and hovering over the avatar circle. Also, check your Notifications; your instructor may want you to set certain preferences here, and can be forwarded to your email via notifications.
- Canvas uses a tool called Inbox for communication wth your instructor. This is accessed through the Canvas menu (left side). Your instructor may send messages to you through this feature, so make sure you are comfortable with it. The Inbox holds conversations for all Canvas courses you are enrolled in.
- When using the Grades link on the course menu, click the various icons next to grade items to check for possible comments, grade details or rubric results.
- The Library link on the Canvas menu takes you to the Scottsdale Community College library system.
- "Change is good," is the motto for this learning management system. In other words, enhancements or changes to the system can come as quick as every two weeks. This allows Canvas to improve regularly and not wait for upgrades to add new features. Usually, these changes would be minor, but it's important to be aware of this.