Some online courses require exams to be proctored and may provide on-campus testing options for students. Notes will be provided in the course schedule if proctored exams are required. If students choose to not come to campus to take a proctored test, there may be a fee associated with other proctored testing options.
There are several options for taking the exam if you are unable to take the exam at the scheduled time on the SCC campus. Note that each faculty develops policies for their courses, therefore, individual course policies regarding testing may vary. Information about proctored exam requirements and options should be in your syllabus but you should also reach out to your instructor if you have questions.
- You may be able to take the exam in the SCC Testing Center on or before the due date. The SCC Testing Center is by appointment only (no walk-ins), so you will need to make arrangements for the exam several days in advance. Visit the Testing Center for more information.
- You may be able to use an online proctoring service called ProctorU to take the exam remotely on or before the due date if class policy allows for it. Fees for ProctorU vary based on the duration of the test period. Information on ProctorU can be found at proctoru.com. All remote testing will be monitored via camera. You must have access to the adequate technology to utilize this option. Please note that ProctorU requires a room scan prior to all testing sessions.
SCC ProctorU Pricing Plan (pricing subject to change)
- If you live out of the area or are unable to come to the college campus, you can locate a proctored testing site through the National College Testing Association. Students can visit the NCTA testing site then click on “click here to find a consortium participant,” where students should be able to find a proctor center in their area. Each center charges their own fees.
- Some faculty may use Respondus LockDown Browser or Monitor to proctor online exams. Respondus LockDown Browser secures online exams by locking down the testing environment within Canvas. Respondus LockDown Browser prevents access to other applications, and many common functions on a computer while an assessment is active. Information will be provided by your instructor if this proctoring software is required
- Respondus LockDown Browser secures online exams by locking down the testing environment within Canvas. Respondus LockDown Browser prevents access to other applications, and many common functions on a computer while an assessment is active.
- Respondus LockDown Browser with Monitor allows instructors to review recordings of testing sessions. You must have access to the adequate technology to utilize this option. Please note that Respondus LockDown Browser with Monitor requires a room scan prior to all testing sessions.