Veteran Supportive Campus
Our Veteran Services office is dedicated to helping veterans achieve their educational goals and dreams. Our success was recognized when we were named a “Veteran Supportive Campus” by the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services, the first Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) school to receive that designation.
The SCC Veteran Services team members stand ready to guide and connect you to all the services and resources available to you, from GI Bill® education benefits to other VA services. We are experts at helping you connect with military (see Related Resources) and SCC resources, including tutoring, counseling and academic guidance.
Come on in and let us help you with:
- Scholarship applications
- Residency eligibility
- VA benefit compliance
- Financial assistance
- Special services for disabled vets
We also provide a Veterans Lounge on campus as a place where you can study, visit, or meet fellow veterans. The student Veterans Club provides a network of social activities and campus support. If you would like to join the Veterans Club, please contact Veteran Services.
SCC Veteran Services is available to support your educational goal as you make use of your GI Bill® education benefits. Contact our office to receive a benefits orientation and to activate your benefits. We can provide assistance as you complete the necessary paperwork to ensure you receive the proper entitlement pay and guide you toward a variety of campus resources ranging from tutoring to career and personal counseling. Navigate through our website for VA contact numbers. The SCC Veteran Services office is available for walk-ins by appointment only. Please call 480-423-6562 or email us at Veteran.Services@scottsdalecc.edu to set up an in-person appointment time. We look forward to assisting you.
Specific steps will lead you to: Enrollment in classes + GI Bill® benefits = Achievement of Degree objective
SCC Veteran Services provides:
- Assistance with paperwork to access your VA Benefits
- An advisor to assist you in planning your college objective
- Assistance with VA Benefit issues
- Short term extensions: tuition, fees, and books
- Assistance to the veteran and eligible dependents to maintain compliance with all VA policy requirements
- Assistance with residency applications
- A liaison for campus and faculty issues
- Assistance in securing tutoring benefits
- Assistance with scholarship applications
- Special assistance for the disabled veterans using VA Vocational Rehabilitation
- Veterans Lounge on campus
- Veterans Club