Where to look:
- The school or public library
- Employers and unions
- Online scholarship search sites
- Consumers beware. Students are cautioned not to pay a fee to agencies who offer to conduct scholarship searches without first checking the validity of the agency. Many times, the information provided is available elsewhere at no cost to the student.
How to apply:
- Request applications from all potential scholarship donors
- Apply before the deadlines
- Obtain letters of reference
- Print or type all letters and applications
- Always apply for Federal Student Aid as well as scholarships
- Check spelling and accuracy of your application
- Start the process early!
Only those with a lawful presence in the US may qualify for MCCCD scholarships or federal financial aid. Any information you provide about your legal status when you apply for financial aid or scholarships may be subject to mandatory reporting to federal immigration authorities under AZ law. This does not apply to applications for private scholarship funds held in and distributed by the Maricopa Community Colleges Foundation.