The Natural Sciences Tutoring Center, located in NS 107, offers free tutoring services to students currently enrolled in natural science courses at Scottsdale Community College. Learning facilitators are available to assist students during all hours of operation, providing an informal learning environment that fosters academic success. The primary aim of the NS Tutoring Center is to help students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills as they pertain to the natural sciences, contributing to the development of well-balanced and effective learners.
The NS Tutoring Center offers free drop-in tutoring* in the following areas:
Please refer to the schedule below for a calendar showing tutor availability for specific subjects.
We offer the following services:
- Free drop-in tutoring for all natural sciences courses
- An open study environment with tutors available to assist and answer questions
- Two study rooms with white boards for individual or group study, available on a first come, first served basis
The following resources are available for student use:
- Computer and printing services
- Current class textbooks and solutions manuals, available for checkout within the tutor center
- Graphing calculator checkout
- Molecular model structure kits
- Canvas page with videos and PDF reviews of course material available for download
Tutoring and Seminar Schedule
* As the tutor's role is one of general support, ultimate responsibility for all work as to correctness, completeness, and responsiveness to the instructor's requirements rests with the student.