Students must meet all eligibility requirements described here in order to be considered for Title IV federal financial aid at Scottsdale Community College.
- Have a high school diploma, high school diploma equivalency certificate (GED), or has completed secondary school through homeschooling as defined by state law.
- Be enrolled in an approved degree-seeking program at SCC.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non citizen.
- Have a valid Social Security number. Exceptions to this rule are students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), according to SCC's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP). Students who fail to maintain satisfactory progress are not eligible to receive federal Title IV assistance.
- Not be in default on a Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Stafford Loan, Federal Supplemental Loan for Students, or Federal Direct Loan, nor owe any refund on a Federal Pell Grant or Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant.