Students must meet all eligibility requirements described here in order to be considered for Title IV federal financial aid at Scottsdale Community College.
- Have a high school diploma, high school diploma equivalency certificate (GED), or has completed secondary school through homeschooling as defined by state law.
- Be enrolled in an approved degree-seeking program at SCC.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non citizen.
- Have a valid Social Security number. Exceptions to this rule are students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), according to SCC's Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP). Students who fail to maintain satisfactory progress are not eligible to receive federal Title IV assistance.
- Not be in default on a Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Stafford Loan, Federal Supplemental Loan for Students, or Federal Direct Loan, nor owe any refund on a Federal Pell Grant or Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant.
Only those with a lawful presence in the US may qualify for MCCCD scholarships or federal financial aid. Any information you provide about your legal status when you apply for financial aid or scholarships may be subject to mandatory reporting to federal immigration authorities under AZ law.