Frequently Asked Questions

Dual Enrollment FAQs

Here are the most frequently asked questions and answers regarding Dual Enrollment.

Questions and answers

Dual Enrollment is a Scottsdale Community College Early Start college program. You take college level courses taught during your high school classes by Dual Enrollment-certified teachers and earn credit for both! Credits transfer to all Maricopa Community Colleges, Arizona’s State Universities, and many Out-of-State colleges.

Prepare for College – You’ll get to experience the academic expectations of college courses in the reassuring environment of your high school classroom. It’s a fantastic opportunity to experience higher education without worrying about adjusting to college life on a busy campus.

Save Money – Tuition is a lot less expensive at Scottsdale Community College than at a university. Taking Dual Enrollment classes can save you a ton of money, especially if you plan to attend a university later. Did you know we have university partnerships with ASU, NAU, and UofA to make transferring easy?

Save Time – Because you’re getting a head start earning college credits, you can complete your two or four year degree or certificate program faster once you graduate high school.

Currently, at $97* per credit hour and a $15 registration fee per semester, our tuition is among the lowest you’ll find. It’s a fantastic value and can save you thousands of dollars over the course of earning a degree. As an additional savings, dual students do not have to purchase textbooks or pay lab fees because these materials are usually provided by the high school. You may qualify for a Dual Enrollment grant or other tuition assistance based on financial need.

*Tuition is subject to change and dependent upon residency information provided during the completion of the Admissions Application.

If a course is Dual Enrollment, the high school teacher will provide information to you. Dual Enrollment courses offered can be found on our SCC website under High School Partners & Classes. You can also talk to your high school counselor to plan a schedule that includes Dual Enrollment classes.

In order to be eligible to receive college credit for your high school class, you must officially register with SCC online during the open registration period. If the SCC course has a prerequisite requirement, you must provide proof of meeting this prerequisite.

Please review the enrollment and registration steps and refer to the registration steps listed for first-time and returning Dual Enrollment students.

It is the student’s responsibility to drop the class through one of the following methods: Email the Dual Enrollment Office at [email protected] with the student’s name, college ID number, the high school the student attends, and the class the student wishes to drop.

Please note that dropping a class after the payment deadline will result in a grade of W on their transcript. The W grade will not directly affect their GPA, but it may affect their future eligibility for federal financial aid at SCC. Students are still responsible for paying any remaining tuition for the class, or be ineligible for a refund if tuition has already been paid for the class.

The student will go to and log in with their and password. Once logged in, they’ll follow the steps outlined at Google Mail Forward Instructions to have their college email forwarded to any other email address they’d like. Since official correspondence from the college is only emailed to the student’s Maricopa email, they need to make sure the forwarding email address is one that they check often!

Students requesting a change of grade must contact their Dual Enrollment instructor at the high school. If an error has been found, it will be up to the instructor of the course to reach out to the Scottsdale Dual Enrollment Office to begin the process.

A change of grade is only available for up to a year after the class has ended.

  1. Log in to your Online Student Center using your MEID and Password.
  2. Click on the Academic Records tile.
  3. Click on the Official Transcripts link on the left side of the page (read the information on the page carefully before proceeding with your request).
  4. Click the blue bar labeled Transfer to Transcript Request Service to access the order form.
  5. You will be redirected to the Parchment site for transcript ordering services.