What it's all about: Expanding your sense of purpose and meaning in life
Some questions to ask yourself to gauge your Spiritual Wellbeing:
- Do I engage in self-reflection?
- Do I engage in spiritual practices?
- Do my decisions reflect my personal values and belief systems?
- Do I feel like I have a sense of purpose in my life?
- Do I seek out meaning in my life?
- Am I open to experiencing new things?
- Do I have a good understanding of where I fit into the world?
- Do I feel a connection to something larger than myself?
Want to increase your Spiritual Wellbeing? Here are a few suggestions and resources:
- Start every day remembering your “Why?” – Why are you in school, pursuing your career path, on this earth?
- Explore your inner self. Take time to think about who you are.
- If you experience a life-changing event, take a few minutes to think about what series of events led to this.
- Spend time meditating or practicing mindful relaxation.
- Practice acceptance.
- Be curious. If something happens that makes you even the slightest bit curious, take a moment to explore the experience a little deeper.
- If you are religious, stay connected to your religious community or place of worship.
- Talk to one of the SCC Counseling Faculty members if you want to further cultivate and develop your sense of purpose.
To talk to an SCC Counseling Faculty Member about anything related to your holistic wellbeing, or to create a Wellbeing Action Plan, email us at email@example.com or call us at (480) 423-6524.