Artie's FIT Market Food Pantry
Artie’s FIT Market was established to help hungry SCC students create greater food security, better health, and support them in their academic pursuits.
- City of Scottsdale Human Services has partnered with public and private groups that provide showers, housing assistance, counseling, and other resources.
- Central Arizona Shelter Services located on 12th Avenue and Madison provides access to shelter, meals, showers, medical/dental care and housing assistance.
- Andre House located 11th Avenue and Madison provides access to shelter, clothes, laundry, showers, lockers, blankets, sleeping bags, telephone, and legal services.
- Arizona Housing Relief provides assistance program information and federal and state housing relief resources.
- Human Services Campus provides shelters for individuals experiencing homelessness and other services such as health, legal, meals, permanent housing, and employment.
Maricopa Community College's Basic Needs
Maricopa Community Colleges is committed to the academic success of our students, and we understand that basic needs have a direct impact on the well-being and success of our students. Basic needs can include food, housing, transportation, wellness, and other important areas. The Maricopa Community College Basic Needs page connects students and their families to basic needs information and resources and it will evolve as more resources are added.
211 Arizona: Arizona's directory to community and government resources such as housing, food, medical, and mental health.
Local Food Banks
- Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community Food Bank
- 1952 N. Longmore, Scottsdale, AZ 85256
- (480) 362-5630
- Eligibility: Reside within and be an enrolled member of Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community and be at or below 185% of the federal poverty level.
- Vista del Camino Food Bank
- 7700 E Roosevelt St, Scottsdale, AZ 85257
- (480) 312-2323
- Foothills Food Bank
- 6038 E. Hidden Valley Drive, Cave Creek, AZ 85331
- (480) 488-1145
- Tempe Community Action Agency
- 2146 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, AZ 85281
- (480) 422-8922
- Provides food, rent and utilities, and shelter services.
- The Salvation Army
- Locations throughout the metro Phoenix area. Provides food, emergency services and shelter.
- United Food Bank
- 245 S. Nina Drive, Mesa, AZ 85210
- (480) 926-4897
- Purchase cooperative every Friday morning.
Food Bank Locators
- Association of Arizona Food Banks provides a search locator for all food banks in Arizona. Go to home page and enter the student's zip code on the "Get Emergency Food Today" box. List current eligibility standards for those who want to apply for food stamps (now called Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP).
- St Mary's Food Bank is another food bank search locator. Also provides current mobile food pantries dates and locations in Arizona.
- SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) helps provide healthy food for families, children, and vulnerable adults in need. Visit the District's SNAP site to learn about eligibility, submit an application, and attend a SNAP info session.
For assistance with applying for SNAP benefits, contact:
- Mira Nolan
- SNAP Outreach Coordinator
- Phone: (480) 731-8727
- Email: [email protected]
- [email protected]
More SNAP Resources: