What it's all about: Coping well and creating positive relationships by being aware and accepting of your own emotions and the emotions of others
Some questions to ask yourself to gauge your Emotional Wellbeing:
- Am I able to appropriately label or name my feelings?
- Am I able to appropriately express my feelings?
- Am I able to appropriately manage my feelings?
- Do I consider myself to be positive (most of the time)?
- Do I use relaxation techniques to manage stress?
- Do I feel that I am able to cope with my daily stress?
- Do I function independently, but know when I need to ask for help?
- Do I take responsibility for my own behavior?
Want to increase your Emotional Wellbeing? Here are a few suggestions and resources:
- Schedule an appointment with one of the SCC Counseling Faculty members if you are feeling stressed or overwhelmed.
- Attend free personal growth workshops offered by SCC Counseling.
- Seek or accept help and support from others when needed
- Participate in Yoga classes and workshops at SCC!
- Learn more about mindfulness meditation.
- Learn more about emotional intelligence and how to improve it.
- Employ gratitude to your life in order to strengthen relationships with family and friends.
- Accept mistakes and learn from them for next time. Mistakes are not terrible experiences; they are learning experiences.
- Smile! Even when you aren’t feeling your happiest – give it a try. Smiling can make you feel happier!
To talk to an SCC Counseling Faculty Member about anything related to your holistic wellbeing, or to create a Wellbeing Action Plan, email us at email@example.com or call us at (480) 423-6524.