What it's all about: Personal satisfaction and enrichment derived from one’s work, and/or actively preparing for a life of meaningful work
Some questions to ask yourself to gauge your Career Wellbeing:
- Am I confident about my career decisions or career path?
- Do I feel excited about my future?
- Do I envision my future career as a means to contribute to society?
- Do I feel that my current studies will be helpful to my future career?
- Do I feel that my major/career decision is an appropriate expression of my abilities and personal strengths?
- Do I understand what it means to do meaningful work?
- Is there a problem or challenge in the world today that I would like to address or solve?
If you are currently working:
- Do I feel that I work in a positive environment?
- Do I feel that I work in a stressful environment?
- Do I feel that my current job interferes with other aspects of my life?
- Am I able to balance my current job with the rest of my life?
Want to increase your Career Wellbeing?
Here are a few suggestions and resources:
- Explore Maricopa Fields of Interest (watch the video)
- If you have no idea what to major in, set up an appointment for free career counseling
- Take a career exploration class or attend a free career workshop
- If you know you major, but are unsure of your career path, meet with an advisor
- Explore the career services website
- Attend the Emerging Professionals Seminar Series
- Talk to SCC professors who teach in fields you are interested in
- Participate in service learning or volunteer work