Nursing jobs require the right candidate for a career where no two days are ever the same. If you have a caring nature, are a problem solver, and have a strong desire to help people – especially if they’re in a distressing situation – then consider a career in nursing.
Our Nursing program, approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), will prepare you with the fundamental skills necessary to be successful as a nurse assistant, licensed practical nurse (LPN), or as a registered nurse (RN) in a variety of acute, long-term, and community-based healthcare settings.
Once you have completed the Nursing program, you will be eligible to apply for your nursing license in Arizona. Licensure for other states may also be available. We have additional program offerings, including nurse refresher programs for LPNs and RNs, nursing continuing education (NCE) courses, and innovative bridge programs for paramedics and veterans interested in pursuing a career in nursing.
Enroll in the Nursing program and take the first step toward your new career.
Students at any Maricopa Community College may need to complete courses at more than one of our colleges.
MCCDNP (Maricopa Community College District Nursing Program) is offered at Scottsdale Community College. Housed in the Health and Sciences Building (HES), MCCDNP at SCC is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
The most current version of the following MCCDNP information packets can be downloaded from the MCCDNP Healthcare website.
- Nursing Program Newsletter
- Health and Safety Documentation Checklist
- Nursing Program Information/Application Packet
- Nursing Entrance Test (HESI A2) Information Sheet
- LPN & External Transfer Applicants: Advanced Placement Info & Application Packet
Current nursing program options at SCC are:
- 4-semester traditional option where classes are offered within traditional semesters. We have a traditional program option starting every January (Spring semester) and August (Fall semester).
For specialized nursing advising needs, contact the SCC Advisement Center at (480) 423-6539 to make an appointment to meet with the nursing faculty who are scheduled in the advisement center part-time. Any of the advisors in the SCC Advisement Center can assist nursing students with general advising related to program prerequisite courses.
Search Nursing Jobs and Healthcare Jobs
Visit CampusRN to search for thousands of jobs and scholarships.
NEED A CPR CARD? - (CPR for Healthcare Provider)
You can obtain a Healthcare Provider CPR card from:
1. Scottsdale Community College: HCC109 (0.5 cr.) Check schedule for dates.
2. American Heart Association: www.heart.org or (877) 242‑4277
3. Rural Metro: www.ruralmetrofire.com or (480) 229‑9552
Pursuant to the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) Policy #29, Advertising and Recruitment of Students requiring student achievement outcome data be made publicly accessible, the following student achievement data are available at MaricopaNursing Program Outcomes.
- Graduates’ success on the licensure and/or certification examination
- Students’ completion of the nursing program
- Graduates obtaining a job