Parking on campus is FREE! However, parking permits are required for all faculty, staff and student. Please see Parking Permits & Parking Regulations for more information.
Reduced Transit Passes for SCC Students
Students registered in 12 or more credits are qualified to purchase a Valley Metro Transit bus pass at a reduced price, thanks to a Maricopa County Community Colleges District subsidy!
|Fare||Valley Metro Price||- MCCCD Subsidy||= You Pay|
|Local (Monthly Pass)||$64||$32||$32|
Student Eligibility requirements:
- Must be registered Full Time (12 credit hours or more) at SCC or be co-enrolled at another Maricopa college where the majority of the 12 or more credits are at SCC.
- Must commute to campus at least one day per week via bus or light rail. NOTE: This eligibility requirement has been waived at this time due to COVID-19 and the decrease in available in-person courses.
- Must document legal status in accordance with HB2008 through Admission & Records.
Transit Subsidy Request Process
Contact the Office of Student Experience & Leadership at [email protected] or fill out the request form (upper right). Once you have completed the request form, please email it to [email protected]. You will have two options to pay for and receive the bus pass:
- Make the payment over the phone with the bookstore (480) 423-6553 and receive the bus pass via mail. Students are responsible for shipping costs ($7.50).
- Make the payment in-person on campus at the bookstore and receive the bus pass in-person.
Fall 2021: Students may purchase a fall semester pass from August 10 - September 10, 2021. This semester pass is valid from August 15 – December 31, 2021.
Spring 2022: Students may purchase a spring semester pass from January 3 - February 4, 2022. This semester pass is valid from January 1 – May 15, 2022.
This program is for the sole use of SCC employees and/or students and may not be given to or purchased for any other person. The primary use of the transit pass is for commuting to MCCCD; locations. Any violation or misuse of the transit subsidy program will result in the loss of privileges. The Local Pass (Monthly) is valid for 31 days beyond the date of activation. Transit subsidy is limited to one Local Pass per 31-day period per person and one Semester Pass per semester per person.
Thank you for taking part in the Clean Air Campaign sponsored by Scottsdale Community College, the Maricopa County Community College District, and the Maricopa County Air Quality Department.
Alternative Transportation Options posted on Valley Metro’s web site:
- Check out the website for Valley Metro for a ton of information about routes, fares, and programs and quick links to the Transit Trip Planner and Route Finder.
- You may qualify for a Reduced Fare if you are a Youth (6-18 yrs old), Senior (65+ yrs), Medicare Cardholder, or Disabled.
- Passes can be purchased at local businesses such as Walgreens, Safeway, and Circle K.
- Dial-A- Ride provides transportation for those who are unable to access local bus service.