Maricopa Emergency Management System Alert

Facial coverings are recommended while indoors at any of our facilities. Social distancing (3 feet) is required on campus. SCC strongly encourages students to become fully vaccinated. SCC cares about you and your safety! If you are not feeling well, please do not come to campus.

Reporting FAQs|Coronavirus (COVID-19) Reporting|Maricopa Coronavirus Website  |  Contact SCC

For Employees

Parking, Driving, Keys, Injury

Driving Campus and District Vehicles: In order to drive any MCCCD vehicle, or be reimbursed for mileage on a personal vehicle, an employee must be a registered driver with the district. There are three steps to this process:

  • Complete the online defensive driver’s test. Steps in order to do so are on the following website: Training Self Enrollment Step
  • Complete the Travel Acknowledgement form on the district web site. Use your email address and e-mail password to access the site.
  • After completing and passing the defensive driving test you will need to bring a valid AZ driver’s license to the College Police Department where you will be asked to sign a MOTOR VEHICLE RECORD AND DRIVING HISTORY RELEASE FOR EMPLOYEES. This form can be obtained at the College Police office. College Police will obtain your driving history and either approve or deny your request based on District policy.
  • To verify your eligibility click on the HRMS link and follow the instructions listed below:
    • Enter your MEID & Password, click on LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT, proceed to TRAINING SUMMARY and/or MARICOPA TRACKING where you can see your training history.


Staff Parking Permits: All faculty and staff who wish to utilize the reserved staff parking must display a parking permit at all times. Each employee is allowed to have up to two permitted vehicles. Any vehicle parked in a staff parking stall without a permit will be cited, accordingly.

If for some reason you are driving a rental car, or a personal vehicle that does not have a decal, you can visit the Safety Office for a temporary, short-term permit for your vehicle.

Also, if you need to obtain a new or replace an old parking decal, please complete the permit request form provided below and return it to the College Police Office.

Parking Permit: Download and print out a parking permit request form and bring it to College Police to obtain a parking permit. You must be Board approved faculty/staff or adjunct to obtain a permit

Key Requests: If you are a supervisor who would like to request new or additional building access for an employee, a key request must be submitted to the Maintenance & Operations (M&O) department.

Please complete the key request form and submit it to the College Police office.

Please expect a processing time of 72 hours. You will be notified when your key request is complete. Keys shall be picked-up and signed for at the College Police office (LB-165) Monday-Friday, 7AM – 3PM, or by appointment. If keys are not picked up by the owner within thirty days of notification they shall be returned to the key shop.

When a key is assigned to an employee, they are responsible for the return of the key at the completion of their assigned duties. All keys shall be returned to the College Police office.

Industrial Injury: Report ALL accidents and incidents, even if medical treatment is unnecessary. The Maricopa Community Colleges provides, at no cost to the employee, Industrial Compensation Insurance. A work related injury or illness is one in which the injury or illness arises out of the course of your employment during working hours. Any injury to an employee during working hours must be reported immediately to their supervisor and College Police. The employee and the supervisor must complete the Supervisor’s Report of Industrial Injury. If medical attention is sought, the Supervisor’s Report of Injury is to be forwarded to the College Police Office, immediately. The safety office will complete the Employer’s Report of Industrial Injury. All completed forms are then forwarded to the Employee Benefits Department at the District Office. All injuries must be reported and forms completed within 24 hours from the time of injury.

When medical attention is needed, pursuant to ARS 23-908 Sec. E, the employee proceeds to the nearest Concentra Medical Center (CMC) or Healthworks Medical Walk-in Centers (HW MWI) for initial treatment of the injury. If there is a life threatening situation, call 911 for ambulance transport to the nearest hospital emergency room.

Supervisor’s Report of Industrial Injury

Concentra Medical Center & HealthWorks Medical Walk-In Center Locations