What happens after Scottsdale Community College receives my information?
It is the students responsibility to check their financial aid status on the my.maricopa.edu online system regularly. Students also need to set up their Maricopa gmail account and check it regularly. You can view missing financial aid documents under your "To Do" list and see if you've been awarded by clicking on the "View Financial Aid" link at the bottom of the page.
IMPORTANT THINGS STUDENT SHOULD KNOW HOW TO DO:
- View additional documentation that is being requested on my.maricopa
- View your awards on your my.maricopa account, click on View Financial Aid
Students must submit all information requested by the financial aid office in order to complete their financial aid file. SCC's priority deadline is July 1st prior to the start of the Fall semester, November 1st prior to the start of the Spring semester, and April 1st prior to the start of the Summer semester. Students who file after SCC's priority deadline should be prepared to use their own funds to pay for their tuition and fees prior to the payment deadline. Students can pay online or set up a payment plan.
The Financial Aid process can vary from 4-8 weeks from the time you complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) to the time we offer you a financial aid award. Certain things, such as being selected for verification or needing to appeal can lengthen the processing time. Also, students who complete the FAFSA or submit required paperwork close to the start of the new semester will also have a longer processing time.
Students should submit all requested documentation to the Financial Aid office; this information has to be submitted before we can review your eligibility for aid. Once your file is complete, your file will be reviewed, and if eligible, you will be awarded and receive an award notification with information on what type(s) of aid you are eligible for. Students who wish to receive Stafford loans must also complete an online Master Promissory Note.
Students should notify our office if you are receiving awards or benefits not listed in your Award Summary, or if you need to reduce or cancel your award.
Students must be enrolled in the FA Load minimum required hours (if a student is not enrolled when they are awarded it is anticipated that the student will attend at least 12 credit hours, if a student is enrolled at the time of awarding then the award is based on the number of credits a student is actually enrolled in), in order to receive the financial aid offered. Additionally, you must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours per semester at SCC to receive loans. Enrolling in classes with late start dates may delay disbursement of funds. For more information on financial aid terms and conditions for financial aid recipients read the section called Award Notification.
- Federal financial aid may only be received from one institution for the same period of enrollment.
- Should your award include a loan, you have an obligation to repay those funds, even if you withdraw from your course(s).
- Students are expected to understand their responsibility in regards to the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements for federal financial aid recipients. Failure to maintain SAP may result in withholding or canceling part or all of your financial aid awards.
- All awards are subject to review and/or modification based on changes in eligibility, academic status, failure to comply with federal/state laws and regulations, and/or college policies.