This article appears for archival purposes. Any events, programs and/or initiatives mentioned may no longer be applicable.
The Scottsdale Community College Dance Program presents Images in Motion, a dance concert performed by SCC’s two resident companies on Dec.10-11, 2021. Images in Motion will be presented with a limited in-person audience and via a livestream.
In the tradition of exciting productions, Images in Motion will offer works in a variety of dance styles that showcase the artistry and physicality of SCC dancers. This free, all-ages concert will be an inspirational evening of entertainment.
The performing companies will be:
- Instinct Dancecorps, performing works by faculty members Jenny Gerena and Angela Rosenkrans, as well as guest choreographers Kim Davis and Tareake Dorill Ramos.
- Fusion Dance Ensemble, performing works by faculty members Karryn Allen, George Jones, Jennifer Rhea McKusick, and Lisa Thorngren.
The SCC Dance program is the largest among all Maricopa Community Colleges. Each year, SCC Dance attends the prestigious collegiate American College Dance Association Conference where it has been selected for the final gala performance numerous times since 2000.
- When: 8 p.m., Dec.10-11, 2021
- Where: Scottsdale Community College Performing Arts Center, 9000 E. Chaparral Road, Scottsdale, AZ
- Livestream Viewing: Register for the livestream
- In-Person Admission: Contact [email protected] for information about in-person seating
Press interested in obtaining photos should contact Lisa Thorngren at [email protected].
SCC’s Dance offers degree programs in Dance and Dance Performance and Technology, and a certificate program in Dance Performance and Technology. For more information, view the Dance program pages.
Scottsdale Community College (SCC) is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). SCC is one of the 10 colleges in the Maricopa County Community College District, one of the largest community college districts in the nation. SCC offers academic courses leading to associate degrees, university transfer, certificates and short-term job training.