We are a Top College for the Culinary Arts
The Culinary Arts Program at Scottsdale Community College is recognized as one of the top colleges in the Southwest U.S. for Culinary Arts and Commercial Baking. Our hands-on programs and student run restaurant make our program distinct and acclaimed. The SCC Culinary Arts program is accredited by the American Culinary Federation and is aligned with industry standards and current market trends that prepare graduates for real-world applications. Featuring a 2-semester program that is one of its kind in Arizona.
Who We Are
The Culinary Arts Program at SCC has produced industry professionals for over 30 years and we are continuing to evolve and develop new standards of excellence in Culinary Arts education.
Our hands-on curriculum provides students with classical cooking techniques and knife skills within SCC’s 10,000 square-foot kitchen.
Culinary Advisory Board
Our department is proud to have a fabulous team of industry professionals on our Advisory Board. They provide excellent advice as to current industry trends, employment opportunities and skill sets required for success.
- Jennie Blomquist – Retired High School Culinary Instructor
- Jon Clancy – Executive Chef Levy Restaurants (US Airways Center)
- Chef Robert DeSantis – Acosta Foodservice
- Chef Clyde Gaston – Bon Cuisine Catering
- Tricia Guerrero – East Valley Institute of Technology (EVIT) Culinary Director
- Sabine Hebert – Four Seasons Human Resource Director
- Chef Lee Hilson – Phoenician Resort Executive Sous Chef
- Chef Charles Kassels – El Chorro Lodge Executive Chef
- Ruth Moriarty – Swiss Chalet
- Dana Rohr – Executive Chef at Taste Buds
- Noah Srebnick – Urban Chef Outfitters owner
- Eugenia Theodospoulos – Essence Bakery & Catering owner
Scottsdale Community College is the only school in Arizona with an AAS Degree in Culinary Arts that is accredited by The Accrediting Commission of the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation.