About the Nursing Program
The Maricopa Community College District Nursing Program (MCCDNP) is offered at Scottsdale Community College. Housed in the Health and Sciences Building (HES), MCCDNP at SCC is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Current nursing program options at SCC are:
- 4-semester traditional option where classes are offered within traditional semesters. We have a traditional program option starting every January (Spring semester) and August (Fall semester).
For specialized nursing advising needs, contact the SCC Advisement Center at (480) 423-6539 to make an appointment to meet with the nursing faculty who are scheduled in the advisement center part-time. Any of the advisors in the SCC Advisement Center can assist nursing students with general advising related to program prerequisite courses.
The Associate in Applied Science (AAS) Nursing Program is approved by the:
- Arizona State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN),
- 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850,
- Atlanta, GA 30326
- (404) 975-5000;
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility for Licensing
Students successfully completing all requirements for the Applied Associates degree in Nursing are eligible to apply for licensure. Licensing fees and requirements are determined by and are the sole responsibility of the State Board of Nursing. For all questions about eligibility for licensure and the documents required showing eligibility, visit the website of the Arizona State Board of Nursing at http://www.azbn.gov.
- Karryn Allen, MFA
- Director, Division of Health Sciences
- Office: PE-147
- Phone: (480) 423-6600
- Debra Dollmeyer
- Chair, Department of Healthcare and Nursing Sciences
- Program Director, Nursing
- Office: HES-128
- Phone: (480) 423-6455
- Pooja Paode
- Program Director, Community Healthcare Worker
- Kendal Bateman
- Program Director, Pharmacy Technology
- Latricia Maddox
- Administrative Support
- Office: HES-124
- Phone: (480) 423-6225