Nutrition and Dietetics
Students at any college can earn an award (degree or cert) in any of these programs. However, students may need to complete certain courses at other colleges within the District.
If you’re passionate about food, nutrition, and health and want a rewarding career helping others, consider the Nutrition and Dietetics program. Upon successful completion of this program, you’ll be able to apply nutrition principles and knowledge in a general community setting — focusing on improving the well-being and healthy lifestyles of others. If you wish to continue your education and specialize in nutrition, this program provides the first two years of a four-year university curriculum.
This program will provide foundational nutrition training in non-clinical settings. Our experienced instructors will teach you basic nutrition guidelines and concepts of energy balance and fuel metabolism with a focus on improving health, managing weight, and enhancing athletic performance. You will also learn about the nutritional requirements at each stage of the life cycle and evaluate alternate food diets in relation to standard nutritional guidelines. You will also acquire the knowledge to be able to examine basic human physiology as it relates to nutrition and exercise, and so much more!
Make it happen today! Enroll in the Nutrition and Dietetics program.
|Nutrition for Personal Trainers and Coaches|
The Exercise Science, Personal Training, and Nutrition program at Scottsdale Community College is designed to prepare students for jobs in the fields of exercise science, fitness, and nutrition.
The Nutrition for Fitness & Wellness Certificate is designed for Personal Trainers who want to expand their knowledge of Nutrition as well as those individuals (non-PT) who want a basic Nutrition certificate.
Students can complement their Personal Training Specialist Certificate and AAS degree in Exercise Science with a Nutrition for Fitness & Wellness Certificate. This is a great combination of “stackable” certificates and degrees for those in the fields of exercise science and fitness.
SCC’s Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program provides students learning experiences that create a solid foundation of nutrition knowledge applied to a variety of individuals. Our instructors all have a minimum of a Masters degrees in Nutrition as well as other Nutrition credentials.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
Students who choose SCC’s Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program will have many unique opportunities to develop their professional potential and leadership skills including:
- Fitness & Nutrition Club: Students develop their leadership potential while having a positive impact on the SCC campus & local Scottsdale community.
- SCC Food Pantry: Students involved with the SCC Food Pantry (Artie’s FIT Market) have the opportunity to help serve SCC students experiencing food insecurity.
- Project 241: Students involved with Project 241 focus on helping SCC students plan healthy meals while living on a college budget.
- Food Waste Initiative: Students involved with the Food Waste Initiative help to raise food waste awareness on campus and how it contributes to hunger.
- Community Garden:Students involved with the SCC Community Garden have the opportunity to cultivate plant food and manage the garden program.
- Forever Fit Project: Student interns provide supervised one-on-one nutrition consulting to Scottsdale seniors who are enrolled in the program.
Classes are offered in a variety of formats: in-person, online, hybrid, day, evening, full-time and part-time.
Most of our courses use low-cost textbooks or no cost material provided by your instructors. General education courses may have textbooks that cost more.