Please be aware of our current policies and procedures before visiting the Fitness Center.
- Before arriving at the Fitness Center, please be symptom-free.
- Members must clean equipment and day lockers after each use.
- Bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers are available, but please bring your own lock and towel.
- Enclosed shoes are required to work out in the gym.
- To register for 4-month or 12-month enrollment, call Admissions and Records at (480) 423-6100.
- For enrollment options, please visit our website.
- Day, week, and one-month passes are available to purchase at the Fitness Center front desk.
- If you have gym benefits under your Medicare supplement plan, please visit the front desk or email Heather at [email protected]
- If you are an SRPMIC tribal member, please visit our website for details on how to receive a membership waiver or email Heather at [email protected] or call her at (480) 423-6660.
Fitness Center FAQs
All members must be 13 years of age or older. Children 13 to 15 years of age must have a membership and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian during each visit. Members 16 to 17 years old may have a membership and enjoy their workout unaccompanied.
You need an ID card to enter the Fitness and Wellness Center. You must wear your ID card while in the Fitness and Wellness Center. A replacement ID card can be issued for a $5 fee.
If you have any concerns, please talk to the instructor. If your problem is not resolved, please see the Coordinator.
- You must check in at the front desk before entering the exercise area and check out before leaving. ID Badges are required at all times.
- Only AZ Community College Certified Fitness Instructors hired and trained by SCC may give instruction on the proper use of exercise equipment and exercise technique. No outside personal trainers or therapists are permitted to assist students in the FWC.
- Use of tobacco in any form is prohibited.
- No food or beverages except for water.
- Be courteous and respectful of others.
- Follow time limits posted on the machines.
- No bags or purses beyond the front desk
- Wipe down the equipment with the towels provided.
- Do not rest on the exercise equipment.
- Use of Cellular Phones while on the equipment is prohibited. Please take your calls to the lobby.
- If you need assistance, please ask.
- Limit the use of perfume or cologne.
- Always re-rack your weights.
- Use a spotter when needed.
- Always use collars.
- Do not drop weights on the floor.
- Do not set weights/dumbbells on benches.
- No horseplay.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- You must check-in at the Front desk before class start.
- No black soled shoes on the aerobic floor.
- Clean shoes thoroughly before entering the Aerobic Room.
- Do not slide, drop, or drag equipment on the floor.
- No bags or purses allowed in the Aerobic room.
- Walk in inner lane.
- Jog in middle lane.
- Run in outer lane.
- Clock-wise direction on even days.
- Counter clock-wise direction on odd days.