The Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Database Development prepares students to design and implement the infrastructure for business solutions using database and programming tools. The program focuses on administrative tasks and building database applications using programming skills such as data collection, query techniques, and database creation. This certificate can embed into the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in Information Technology.
Students must earn a grade of C or better in all courses within the program.
++ indicates all suffixed courses.
Computer Information System (CIS) courses required by this program are not applicable if taken more than eight (8) years prior to the completion of the program of study. Consult with an Academic Advisor for complete information.
|Course #||Course Title||Credits|
|CIS105||Survey of Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS117DM||Microsoft Access: Database Management (3) OR|
|CIS154||Database Modeling and Design (3)||3|
|CIS119DO||Introduction to Oracle: SQL||3|
|CIS156||Python Programming: Level I (3) OR|
|CIS159||Visual Basic Programming I (3) OR|
|CIS162AD||C#: Level I (3) OR|
|CIS163AA||Java Programming: Level I (3)||3|
|CIS164AB||Oracle: PL/SQL Programming (3) OR|
|CIS276DA||MySQL Database (3) OR|
|CIS276DB||SQL Server Database (3)||3|
|CIS217AM||Advanced Microsoft Access: Database Management||3|
|CIS225AB||Object-Oriented Analysis and Design||3|
- Solve business problems using the components of a database management system. (CIS105, CIS117DM, CIS119DO, CIS154, CIS164AB, CIS217AM, CIS276DA, CIS276DB)
- Design a comprehensive data model using an entity-relationship (ER) diagram that reflects the business requirements. (CIS117DM, CIS119DO, CIS154, CIS217AM, CIS276DA, CIS276DB)
- Create database structures to store, retrieve, and update data using SQL. (CIS105, CIS117DM, CIS119DO, CIS164AB, CIS217AM, CIS276DA, CIS276DB).
- Write SQL procedures and functions to automate solutions to a variety of business problems. (CIS164AB, CIS217AM, CIS276DA, CIS276DB)
- Develop programs using structured design and logic tools. (CIS150++, CIS156, CIS159, CIS162AD, CIS163AA)
- Use programming language to solve a variety of business problems. (CIS105, CIS150++, CIS156, CIS159, CIS162AD, CIS163AA)
- Evaluate business computer systems using appropriate object-oriented analysis and design methods. (CIS225AB)
At Maricopa, we strive to provide you with accurate and current information about our degree and certificate offerings. Due to the dynamic nature of the curriculum process, course and program information is subject to change. As a result, the course list associated with this degree or certificate on this site does not represent a contract, nor does it guarantee course availability. If you are interested in pursuing this degree or certificate, we encourage you to meet with an advisor to discuss the requirements at your college for the appropriate catalog year.