Complete these enrollment steps if you are a first-time concurrent student. Completing these steps will take roughly 20 minutes. Before you begin make sure you gather:
- Student’s Arizona-issued photo ID or view a complete list of acceptable IDS
- Course information. Search Find a Class to find a class you would like to take. Note the Course Number, Section Number, Title, and number of credits (Example: ART 100, 35031, Introduction to Digital Arts, 1)
- Proof of Admission and Course requirements (see Step 2)
Step 1: Apply for Admission
- Create student account
- Select Scottsdale Community College
- Submit proof of identification
- When you finish your application, take note of the following:
- MEID (User ID)
- Student ID Number
- Maricopa Email - we recommend forwarding your email to the personal email account. View Student Email and Sign-in Help.
Step 2: Meet Admission and Course Requirements
Grades 11 or 12: An unofficial high school transcript can be provided. The unweighted GPA must be 2.6 or higher.
Grade 10: One of the following must be provided to prove college readiness. AzMERIT ELA score of Proficient or higher
- AzMERIT ELA score of Proficient or higher
- SAT score of 720 or higher, or a Composite ACT score of 12 can be uploaded on Step 4.
- For courses with prerequisites, the appropriate EdReady English or Math assessment tests are required. For courses with no prerequisites, the EdReady Reading assessment test is required to prove college readiness.
Grade 9: The student must take appropriate assessment tests to prove college readiness and course placement as follows:
- For courses with prerequisites, the appropriate EdReady English or Math assessment tests are required.
- For courses with no prerequisites, the EdReady Reading assessment test is required to prove college readiness.
Step 3: Submit Financial Responsibility Forms
Students under the age of 18 years taking college classes while in high school concurrently enrolled, must complete the All‑In‑One Form.
This form is proof of and fulfills the following requirements:
- student information release
- registration by proxy
- financial responsibility
- text messaging/automated communication
Step 4: Concurrent Enrollment Form
Students wanting to take college credit classes while still in high school must complete the Concurrent Enrollment Form. This form is where you will indicate your chosen courses.
Step 5: Pay Tuition and Fees
Students will be manually enrolled by the college within 3-5 business days of submitting the enrollment form. They can pay tuition by going into their My Maricopa account or by calling our Student Business Services at (480) 423‑6148.
Have questions or want more information? Call (480) 423-6450 or email [email protected].