NOTICE - THE HONORS PROGRAM OFFICE WILL BE CLOSED FOR THE SUMMER BEGINNING MAY 28, 2015 AND REOPENING ON JULY 20, 2015.
PLEASE DIRECT ALL QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS TO: DR. LARRY TUALLA VIA HONORS EMAIL: Honors@scottsdalecc.edu
The Scottsdale Community College Honors Program fosters critical thinking and academic excellence among students who are motivated to pursue academic enrichment. The program offers specially designated honors classes, monthly Honors Forum speakers, and various other events throughout the year.
The Honors Program is open to recent high school graduates, returning college students, and continuing students who meet certain academic criteria. Students in good standing in the Honors Program receive substantial scholarships or tuition waivers and have the opportunity to apply for several additional Honors-Only Maricopa District scholarships.
It is the hope of the Honors Directors and the Honors Advisory Committee that the 2014-2015 academic year will be one of exploration, learning, and community for all members of the Honors Program.
All new Honor Students must attend a mandatory Honors Orientation—this is in addition to the New Student Orientation. Honors Orientations will be held in LC 369 unless otherwise noted.
- A student must be admitted to the Honors Program BEFORE registering for and attending Honors Orientation.
- A student admitted to the Honors Program will receive an e-mail with instructions in relation to the orientation and registering for an honors course.
- A student must contact the Honors Office Coordinator to register for the Honors Orientation section.
- A student must specify in their email which orientation they will be attending - please refer to the Honors Program acceptance e-mail.
- Registration is required for all orientations. Contact the Honors Office for Orientation registration at (480) 423-6525.
PLEASE NOTE: Honors Orientation is not the New Student Orientation.
New Students must also register for New Student Orientation.