Course Placement Tests
Students who have completed at least two years of high school within the last 10 years with a 2.6 or higher cumulative, unweighted GPA may be able to place into courses without placement testing. Please bring your unofficial high school transcript to the Testing Center. Students taking their first college-level English, Reading, or Mathematics courses who do not meet the above transcript requirements will need to complete the ACCUPLACER placement test.
ACCUPLACER Next Generation – is an untimed, computer-based, adaptive placement test designed to identify your skill levels in English, reading, and mathematics. The Maricopa Community Colleges administer the WritePlacer, Reading, and Math sections of the exam. We do not use “Writing” or the “Classic version” of the ACCUPLACER exam.
- ACCUPLACER: Tests
- ACCUPLACER: Web-Based Study App (Free) - Reading and Math Samples Only
- ACCUPLACER: Sample Questions
- EdReady: Take a diagnostic assessment and get a personalized Learning Path & study materials. Login with your MEID and password. When prompted use the following Goal Keys: English and reading use key sccreading. Math use key SCC18
- Writeplacer Guide - with sample essays
CELSA (Combined English Language Skills Assessment) is a 45-minute multiple choice test designed to measure context and grammatical understanding of the English language for students speaking English as a second language. Questions about ESL placement should be directed to a college ESL Advisor. See PDF download upper right.
- CELSA Practice
Additional preparation websites you may wish to visit:
- EnglishforEveryone.org – English & reading
- HippoCampus.org – English & math
This preparation information should not be considered comprehensive. Scottsdale Community College is not responsible for the content of these websites.