(Effective for Summer 2019 enrollment)
Please bring your 8-digit SCC student ID number.
- New college students who do not meet the high school GPA, GED, SAT, or ACT requirements listed above will complete placement testing in all three subject-areas: English, Reading, and Math, in one test session. Allow 2 - 2 ½ hours for completion.
- Single Test Sessions: For students who wish to attempt placement higher than allowed by their high school GPA, GED, SAT, or ACT scores or original placement test, and continuing or transfer students. Allow one hour per subject area for completion
ACCUPLACER Next Generation – is an untimed, computer-based, adaptive placement test designed to identify your skill levels in English, reading, and mathematics. The Maricopa Community Colleges administer the WritePlacer, Reading, and Math sections of the exam. We do not use “Writing” or the “Classic version” of the ACCUPLACER exam.
- ACCUPLACER: Web-Based Study App (Free) - Reading and Math Samples Only
- ACCUPLACER: Sample Questions
- EdReady: Take a diagnostic assessment and get a personalized Learning Path & study materials. Login with your MEID and password. When prompted use the following Goal Keys: English and reading use key sccreading. Math use key SCC18
- Writeplacer Guide - with sample essays
CELSA (Combined English Language Skills Assessment) is a 45-minute multiple choice test designed to measure context and grammatical understanding of the English language for students speaking English as a second language. Questions about ESL placement should be directed to a college ESL Advisor. See PDF download upper right.
- CELSA Practice
Additional preparation websites you may wish to visit:
- EnglishforEveryone.org – English & reading
- HippoCampus.org – English & math
This preparation information should not be considered comprehensive. Scottsdale Community College is not responsible for the content of these websites.