Who tests in the Testing Center?
- Makeup Exams - Students who are unable to test in the classroom because of an excused absence
- Accommodated Exams - Students provided accommodations through the Disability Resources & Services Office that require testing in the Testing Center
- Please note: The Testing Center cannot accommodate entire classes for testing.
Testing Center Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8 am - 6 pm,
Friday: 10 am - 5 pm (closed on Friday in the summer).
All students must schedule appointments for faculty testing.
- Appointments start at 8:15 am on Monday - Thursday and 10:15 am on Friday.
- All exams are collected 15 minutes prior to closing, Monday - Thursday at 5:45 pm, Friday at 4:45 pm.
Exam submission for all accommodated students should be made through DRS connect.
ALL students with testing accommodations approved by the Disability Resources and Services Office will schedule appointments through the DRS Connect website
Exam submission for students testing without accommodations (makeup exams) will continue to be through the Testing Center program.
Important Notes Regarding Exam Submission
- Exams must be dropped off by you or a department staff member.
- The Testing Center can only accept and return accommodated exams online through DRS Connect. We cannot accept or return other exams via email or through the student/tester.
- If sending exams to Testing via campus mail, please include a complete exam packet as described above.
- There may be a line when you arrive and we will assist students and faculty in the order they arrive. Please allow adequate time for Testing Center staff to review your materials when dropped off.
- The primary purpose of the small private room in the Testing Center is for student testing, so the space will not always be available for exam submission. If you have not submitted or printed instructions in advance, you can utilize a dedicated computer in the Welcome Center (photo ID required for printing).
- Students are not able to schedule appointments until you have submitted the exam directions online, so please submit instructions as early as possible.
Exams Requiring Computer and/or Internet Access
- Computers are available for exams and are equipped with Respondus Lock-Down Browser. Respondus works with Canvas, allowing the instructor to control the website(s) the student will have access to during testing. The Testing Center is unable to limit student access to specific websites is Respondus is not being used.
- For information on using the Respondus Lock-Down Browser, please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL)
- Due to the soundproofing of the testing room and SCC Testing Center security protocols, mobile devices are not accessible or permitted in the Testing room for any purpose. Online resources are only be accessible via Testing Center computers.
If specific technology is required for your exam, please contact the Testing Center to determine if it is available on our computers prior to submitting your exam. Students must know how to access any materials and/or technology necessary to complete the exam.
Information You Can Share with Your Students
Specific student instructions are attached separately to this email
- All exams are administered by appointment, please encourage your students to schedule their appointments online as early as possible as detailed on attachments
- A current and valid state, federal, or school photo ID is required for all testing services. This must be the actual ID - photocopies or electronic versions of the ID will not be accepted.
- Students must know and bring usernames and passwords necessary for any online testing program accessed for their exam.
- Students are assigned a locker to secure all personal items. Any oversized items left on top or outside of the lockers are left at the student’s own risk and are NOT watched by Testing Center personnel.
- Cell phones and other mobile devices may not be used for any purpose in the Testing room and must be turned completely off and stored in the assigned locker during testing.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the Testing room and restroom breaks are not permitted, unless authorized as an accommodation through the Disability Resources & Services office.
- The Testing Center cannot accept homework assignments. Students should make other arrangements with their instructor for turning in homework.
- Children cannot accompany parents into the testing room and cannot be left unattended on campus (Student Handbook 2.4.10). Exams will not be administered to students who leave children unattended to test.
If questions arise, please call (480) 423-6433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure a timely response, please do not email individual staff members.