The SCC Student TechCenter provides assistance in computer and software usage. You must be a currently registered student at SCC or in a NAU Bachelors or Masters Degree Program to use the Student TechCenter.
The TechCenter's features include:
- group collaboration rooms with large flat-panel monitors and white boards,
- laptop or Blu-ray player can be checked out for use in the group rooms, a
- dedicated wireless counter in the TechCenter with cable jacks - no more pushing away keyboards, a
- mice wireless counter outside the TechCenter - for those who must have their morning coffee with them, and a
- new copier.
The computer lab has textbooks for many BPC and CIS courses. Students may use these only in the computer lab. You must have one of the following forms of ID to check out textbooks:
- Drivers License
- Current Student Picture ID
- Registration Fees PAID Slip and any Picture ID
Priority of Computer Use
- Disabled students have PRIORITY on the Handicapped Station.
- Please limit your time on the scanner stations to 20 minutes.
The TechCenter provides both mini-courses on and one-on-one help with mySCC, Office 2007, and Canvas. Homework assistance is also available. Please be aware that the TechCenter staff can not interpret of what an individual instructor requires nor do homework assignments for you. Contact your instructor for issues that cannot be resolved by the lab staff.
If you need more help than the lab is able to provide, seek additional help from your instructor and/or ask your instructor if his/her Department offers free individual tutoring. See “Other SCC Computer and Tutoring Resources.”
Please set pagers and cell phones to silent mode and take phone conversations outside.
No food or drinks with loose lids are permitted in the computer lab area. Bottles or other containers that have a secure screwed-on lid may be placed on the floor.
NO CHILDREN PLEASE! Insurance policies prohibit children in the computer lab area.
Please help keep the computer lab and equipment neat and clean by picking up after yourself. There are paper recycle bins for computer paper and trash cans for all other trash.