What is Service-learning?
Scottsdale Community College’s Office of Service-learning & Leadership serves to help students take their learning to the next level by facilitating opportunities to connect classroom instruction with real-world experience through two main methods:
- Leadership lessons
In each of these venues, students will develop as more engaged and aware citizens by addressing our local and global community needs.
Register for Service-learning Events
If you are an SCC student interested in learning more and getting involved, please register to find out about upcoming service-learning opportunities at SCC!
The Service-learning Committee actively supports the academic development of this teaching-learning construct. Any of these individuals can answer your service-learning questions or offer related guidance.
- Matt Healy, co-chair and English faculty
- Robert Martin, co-chair and Nutrition Faculty
- Allen Watts, co-chair and Computer Information Systems Faculty
- Lori Wedding, Nursing Faculty
- Relindis Mawo, Chemistry Faculty
- Dr. Sheila Brandt, Computer Information Systems Faculty
- Cindy Gemberling, Business faculty and SCC Honors Program Director
- Sara Beakley-Mercill, Computer Information Systems Faculty
- Danielle Stallings, Film Faculty
- Jeff Butcher, English Faculty,
- Jamie Cooner, Forensic Science Faculty
- Denise Dion, Nursing Faculty
- Mark Helzer, Nursing Faculty
- Mary Pasco, Education Faculty
- Rich Moulder, Nursing Faculty
- Kim Sabin, English Faculty
- Dr. Larry Tualla, English Faculty and department chair
- Kristine Alcon, Student Service Manager
- Kanisha Saunders, Student Service Analyst