What is Service-learning?
Scottsdale Community College’s Office of Service-learning & Leadership serves to help students take their learning to the next level by facilitating opportunities to connect classroom instruction with real-world experience through two main methods:
- Leadership lessons
In each of these venues, students will develop as more engaged and aware citizens by addressing our local and global community needs.
The Service-learning Committee actively supports the academic development of this teaching-learning construct. Any of these individuals can answer your service-learning questions or offer related guidance.
- Dr. Becky Bradley, co-chair and director of Service-learning & Leadership
- Matt Healy, co-chair and English faculty
- Frank Attanucci, Math faculty
- Sara Beakley-Mercill, Computer Information Systems faculty
- Dr. Sheila Brandt, Computer Information Systems faculty
- Cindy Gemberling, Business faculty
- Carrie Kieras, Nursing faculty
- Robert Martin, Nutrition faculty
- Relindis Mawo, Chemistry faculty
- Laurie McCune, program coordinator for Service-learning & Leadership
- Miriam Reyes, Nursing faculty
- Danielle Stallings, Film faculty
- Dr. Larry Tualla, English faculty and department chair, Honors Program coordinator
- Allen Watts, Computer Information Systems faculty
- Lori Wedding, Nursing faculty
- Megan Young, Student Services Analyst, Sr. for Center for Civic & Global Engagement