What is Service-learning?
Scottsdale Community College’s Office of Service-learning & Leadership serves to help students take their learning to the next level by facilitating opportunities to connect classroom instruction with real-world experience through two main methods:
- Leadership lessons
In each of these venues, students will develop as more engaged and aware citizens by addressing our local and global community needs.
Register for Service-learning Events
If you are an SCC student interested in learning more and getting involved, please register to find out about upcoming service-learning opportunities at SCC!
The Service-learning Committee actively supports the academic development of this teaching-learning construct. Any of these individuals can answer your service-learning questions or offer related guidance.
- Matt Healy, co-chair and English faculty
- Robert Martin, co-chair and Nutrition faculty
- Allen Watts, co-chair and Computer Information Systems faculty
- Sara Beakley-Mercill, Computer Information Systems faculty
- Dr. Sheila Brandt, Computer Information Systems faculty
- Cindy Gemberling, Business faculty and SCC Honors Program director
- Relindis Mawo, Chemistry faculty
- Danielle Stallings, Film faculty
- Dr. Larry Tualla, English faculty and department chair
- Lori Wedding, Nursing faculty