If you are interested in a career in healthcare, or you are already working in healthcare but would like to try something different, you may be the perfect candidate for Scottsdale Community College’s new Pharmacy Technician training program*.
Pharmacy Technicians are in high demand with job projections expected to continue increasing up to 25% over the next 10 years in Arizona. Pharmacy Technicians have a current median salary of $37,250O*NET in Maricopa County which is higher than the national average.
The Certificate of Completion prepares you for a role working in a pharmacy practice in retail, hospital, and institutional settings. You may process and prepare medications, dispense medications, interact with patients and insurance companies, and learn inventory and quality control practices.
- All classes meet the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board requirements
- Program is 16 credits and will prepare you to take the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) or the National Healthcareer Association (NHA) Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ExCPT)
- Total cost to complete the program is approximately $1500 (plus course materials & health and safety requirements)
- Program includes hands-on learning through a 200-hour externship (apply what you learn in class, in real-world settings!)
- Network with professionals already working in the field
- Classes begin in August
16 credits of Coursework include:
- PHT150 Introduction to Pharmacy Practice (3 credits)
- PHT153 Basic Pharmacy Practice (5 credits)
- PHT155 Advanced Pharmacy Practice (5 credits)
- PHT250 Pharmacy Technician Certification Review (1 credit)
- PHT253 Pharmacy Technician Externship (2 credits = 200 hours of experience)
*Pending program approval by the US Department of Education and the Higher Learning Commission. Classes are open for enrollment in the Fall 2022 semester and will be eligible for financial aid once approved.
GET STARTED TODAY!