The Salt River Junior ACE Program
The Salt River Jr. ACE Program is a new collaborative venture involving Scottsdale Community College and the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community (SRPMIC). The project engages 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade students in a bridge program that benefits them with college related experiences. Students must be a member of the SRPMIC, attend SRPMIC schools, or be a returning student.
Working collectively and responsibly, we help our students recognize and become prepared for post-secondary opportunities.
- To strengthen and continue expectations of education for middle-school students residing within the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community (SRPMIC).
- To increase the high school completion rate of students participating in the Salt River Jr. ACE Program.
- To help the children of SRPMIC become productively, and meaningfully engaged in the local learning process, thus enhancing the community's quality of life as defined by the community.
Jr. ACE Experiences
Pre-college week activities:
- Student and Family Orientation
Jr. ACE College Experience at SCC:
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) Team Building
- Career Exploration
- Goal Setting
- Physical Fitness, Nutrition & Wellness
- Community Speakers/ Culture
- Field Trips
Post Jr. ACE College Week Retention and Bridge Activities:
- Cultural Activities
- Academic support workshops
- Life skills workshops
- Motivational speakers
- College prep workshops
- Family networking activities