Dual Enrollment Admissions Requirements
To satisfy the under 18 admissions requirement, students must achieve one of the below requirements OR take the reading ACCUPLACER test.
- AZ Merit ELA Proficiency
- PSAT ≥ 720
- SAT ≥ 720 ACT
- ACT Composite Score ≥ 12
- Completed 2+ years of high school and a cumulative unweighted GPA of ≥ 2.6 (Juniors & Seniors only)
Dual Enrollment Placement Requirements
High School GPA*
|ACT (English)||Writeplacer||Course Placement|
|2.6 - 4.0||18 or higher||5-8||ENG101|
|Cumulative Unweighted High School GPA*||ACCUPLACER Classic Elementary Algebra||ACCUPLACER Next Gen QAS*||ACCUPLACER Classic College Level Math||Accuplacer Next Gen AAF*||ACT (Math)||Course Placement|
|2.6 - 2.99||70 - 120||263 - 300||32 or higher||237 or higher||18 or higher||MAT140, MAT141, MAT142|
|3.0 - 4.0||N/A||N/A||32 - 53||237 - 262||22 or higher||MAT151, MAT152, MAT182 (If concurrently enrolled in MAT151/152), MAT187|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||54 - 59||263 - 275||MAT206, or lower level MAT course|
|N/A||N/A||N/A||60 - 120||276 - 300||N/A||MAT212, MAT220, MAT221, or lower level MAT course|
* Please Note: Freshman and Sophomore students are unable to use GPA to meet course prerequisites and will be required to take the appropriate ACCUPLACER test.
- Student completion of course prerequisites is mandatory before being admitted into a dual enrollment course.
- Students must complete all registration forms.
- Students must comply with lawful presence regulations related to proof of residency requirements for in-state tuition. Click here for additional information.
- Students are expected to follow all policy and procedural governance of Scottsdale Community College.
Pick up registration dates
SCC representatives will be at your high school to collect registration and tuition payment on these dates.