Congratulations on taking the first steps to see if you are eligible to apply for the ACE Program! Below are the eligibility requirements to apply for the ACE Program. The ACE Program has been around for many years to serve the community and students who want to challenge themselves with the opportunity to apply themselves toward a college education.
Student applicants must have two or more of the following characteristics to be eligible:
- First person in immediate family to attend / graduate from college (First Generation Student)
- Evidence of single parent home
- Works 10-30 hours per week
- Underrepresented group
- Environmental risk factors (will be considered on case by case basis, for example, student raised in foster care, teen parent, lives in temporary housing, etc.)
- Must be a 10th grade / sophomore high school student at time of application
- There is NO GPA requirement for this program
- Socioeconomic Need: Please see family household to income guidelines below
|Persons in Family/Household||Eligible Family Income|
|For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,540 for each additional person|
- To apply to the program, you need to complete an ACE application packet, you may request this in the Request for Application Tab
- Due to Covid19 a student can apply electronically or through a paper copy, you will make a choice in your application request
- When applying for the program the following items will be requested:
- Program Application
- SCC Student Admission Application
- A Written Essay | Essay Support
- An unofficial high school transcript
The letters of recommendation must come from adults who are not related to the student. Teachers*, counselors, coaches, pastors, and employers are individuals who have helped with letters of recommendation in the past.
*At least one recommendation must be from an academic high school teacher.
September – December
ACE scholarship presentations and distribution of application packets at participating high schools.
- All high school sophomores are eligible to apply for the ACE Program
- Students submit completed application online or to their high school counselor contact.
- Students submit completed application packets to the high school counselors.
- ACE program staff will pick up packets.
- Check with your counselor for application deadline date(s) at your high school.
All ACE applicants will be notified by mail of whether or not they have been accepted into the ACE Program. Students and Parents / Guardians attend new ACE cohort orientations: Mandatory Attendance
*Applicants that are accepted into the ACE Program are selected by Scottsdale Community College. The student’s essay and application as a whole need to be completed to the best of the student’s ability as it is the deciding factors of the student being able to receive a scholarship to participate in the ACE Program.
Students and Parents / Guardians attend new ACE cohort orientations: Mandatory Attendance
- New ACE Student/Parent Orientation
- Students may need to take placement tests depending on high school transcripts