To apply to the program, you need to complete an ACE application packet. The packet consists of the program application, SCC Student Admission Application, two letters of recommendation, a written essay, and an unofficial high school transcript. The letters of recommendation must come from adults who are not related to the student. Teachers*, counselors, coaches, and employers are individuals who have helped with letters of recommendation in the past.
*At least one recommendation must be from an academic high school teacher.
Student applicants must have two or more of the following characteristics to be eligible:
- First person in immediate family to attend / graduate from college
- Evidence of single parent home
- Works 10-30 hours per week
- Underrepresented group
- Environmental risk factors (will be considered on case by case basis, for example, student raised in foster care, teen parent, lives in temporary housing, etc.)
- Must be a 10th grade / sophomore high school student at time of application
September – December
ACE scholarship presentations and distribution of application packets at participating high schools.
- All high school sophomores are eligible to apply for the ACE Program
- Students submit completed application packets to the high school counselors.
- ACE program staff will pick up packets.
- Check with your counselor for application deadline date(s) at your high school.
All ACE applicants will be notified by mail of whether or not they have been accepted into the ACE Program.
Students and Parents / Guardians attend new ACE cohort orientations: Mandatory Attendance
- New ACE Student/Parent Orientation
- Assessment Testing