Because success in college courses requires more advanced study skills, it is critical to be aware of where you stand. The Discovery Wheel assessment is a quick way to determine your current strengths and areas of growth on your way to becoming a successful college student. Click here for the Discovery Wheel assessment. If you would like to discuss your Discovery Wheel results, you can schedule an appointment with a counselor.
Learning How To Learn
One of the most important things that students can learn from college is learning how to learn. Most college graduates are prepared to succeed in their everyday lives because they have learned to do the following:
- They know how to ask the right questions
- They know where to find answers to these questions
- They know how to get the work done even when it is difficult (e.g., complex, time-consuming, boring)
- They know how to use their newly learned information in a variety of ways.
Improve Your Study Skills
- Meet with a counselor to focus on improving your study skills.
- Take CPD 150 Strategies for College Success. This 3 credit class can help you assess your own strengths and weakness and then learn and apply new study skills. This course transfers directly to all of three Arizona state universities (they all offer the same class).
Take advantage of SCC's free tutoring assistance. Tutoring & Learning Centers.
Study Skills Websites
The following websites have a wealth of information to help you succeed: