According to the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI): 75% of students who suffer from depression do not seek help for their mental health problems and suicide is the third leading cause of death among college students. SCC Counseling faculty members are available to provide the community mental health resources you may need.
College Stats reported mental health issues were becoming more prevalent in college settings:
- 40% of students fail to seek help
- 80% of students feel overwhelmed by their responsibilities as a student
- 50% of students have struggled greatly from anxiety and as a result have struggled in school
- 30% of students reported they had problems with school work due to a mental health issue
- 50% of students rated their mental health below average or poor
- A mere 7% of parents reported that their students suffer from mental health issues in college
The following are resources to help you manage your mental health, anxiety and stress.
- Promoting Student Mental Health
- Students’ Guide to Dealing with College Stress
- Managing Anxiety and Stress during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Mental Health FAQ's during the COVID-19 outbreak