In the course of providing counseling to students, a referral to an appropriate community resource may become necessary. A partial listing of referral sources is provided below. Call or write for information if no web page is available.
- Banner Helpline (602) 254-4357 (254-HELP), or toll-free in Arizona at 1 (800) 254-4357. A referral service for all health related issues, services, and information. Both lines operate twenty-four hours per day, and provide free assessment for level of care and treatment needed.
- Community Information and Referral: 1 (877) 211-8661. Provides accurate and current information and referral to community resources such as housing, food, medical, mental health, veteran services, employment services, and domestic violence shelters. Assistance is available by telephone in English and Spanish.
- Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care: Provides free/low cost mental health services in Maricopa County to those who qualify.
- Phoenix VA Health Care System: Provides medical and mental health services to Veterans in Arizona.
- St. Lukes - Behavioral Health Center: 1 (800) 821-4193 or (602) 251-8535. Twenty-four hour emergency services and evaluation. Initial evaluation is free. Additional services must be paid for or covered by insurance.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Information and Treatment Locator.
Important: The Counseling Department at Scottsdale Community College does not assume responsibility for the quality of services provided by mental health agencies listed on the site. Inclusion on this list does not imply endorsement nor does omission indicate disapproval.