The Counseling Division offers a variety of First Year Experience (FYE) and Counseling/Personal Development (CPD) classes. Many of these classes will transfer as university electives.
Beginning in the Fall 2022 semester, all new degree seeking students will be required to take a First Year Experience (FYE) course.
- First Year Experience
- Explore selected field of interest, confirm degree pathway, understand the financial considerations of a career choice, and meet with advising team. FYE 101 (1 credit)
- Explore different programs, provide strategies for school/life balance, and prepare students for work in a diverse world. FYE 103 (3 credits)
Which FYE course is right for you? Compare courses.
- Career and Personal Development
- A holistic process of career/life planning through self-awareness and understanding of the world of work. CPD 104 (3 credits)
- Resilience and well-being
- Exploration of human resilience and well-being within the context of personal, academic, and career life. CPD 180 (3 credits)
These classes will help you identify a college major, field of interest and future career. They will also provide you with strategies to be successful in college.