Parking on campus is FREE! However, parking permits are required for all faculty, staff and student. Please see Parking Permits & Parking Regulations for more information.
Reduced Transit Passes for SCC Students
Students registered in 12 or more credits are qualified to purchase a Valley Metro Transit bus pass at a reduced price, thanks to a Maricopa County Community Colleges District subsidy!
|Fare||Valley Metro Price||- MCCCD Subsidy||= You Pay|
|Local (Monthly Pass)||$64||$25||$39|
Student Eligibility requirements:
- Must be registered FULL-TIME (12 credit hours or more) at SCC.
- Must commute to campus at least one day per week via bus or light rail.
- Must document legal status in accordance with HB2008 through Admission & Records.
Students must come to the Center for Civic & Global Engagement (SC185) to get a Transit Subsidy Form signed. This form is then taken to the SCC Bookstore to purchase the pass.
Fall 2018: Students may purchase a fall semester pass from August 10 - September 10, 2018. This semester pass is valid from August 14 – December 14, 2018.
Spring 2019: Students may purchase a spring semester pass from January 2- February 10, 2019. This semester pass is valid from January 10 – May 10, 2019.
This program is for the sole use of SCC employees and/or students and may not be given to or purchased for any other person. The primary use of the transit pass is for commuting to MCCCD locations. Any violation or misuse of the transit subsidy program will result in the loss of privileges. The Local Pass (Monthly) is valid for 31 days beyond the date of activation. Transit subsidy is limited to one Local Pass per 31-day period per person and one Semester Pass per semester per person.
Thank you for taking part in the Clean Air Campaign sponsored by Scottsdale Community College, the Maricopa County Community College District, and the Maricopa County Air Quality Department.
Alternative Transportation Options posted on Valley Metro’s web site:
- The Scottsdale Trolley (Miller and Camelback Routes) is FREE and comes right to Scottsdale Community College!
- Check out the website for Valley Metro for a ton of information about routes, fares, and programs and quick links to the Transit Trip Planner and Route Finder.
- You may qualify for a Reduced Fare if you are a Youth (6-18 yrs old), Senior (65+ yrs), Medicare Cardholder, or Disabled.
- Passes can be purchased at local businesses such as Walgreens, Safeway, and Circle K.
- Dial-A- Ride provides transportation for those who are unable to access local bus service.
- SharetheRide.com is a ride matching system that allows commuters to quickly and securely find a carpool, vanpool, transit, bike or walk option.