SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is a mandatory 2 and 1/2 hour program for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or certificate, or taking general studies classes.
Please Note: All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR, even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students
- Speak with & ask questions to academic advisors
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students
- Select and register for your first semester classes*
*Students must register for class prior to the first class meeting
Required prior to SOAR:
- Completed Admissions Application to Scottsdale Community College in person or online
- If you will be under 18 at the time of registration, the Financial Responsibility and Consent Form (direct download) must be completed, signed by a parent/guardian and submitted to Admissions one day prior to your SOAR session.
- If you are using a high school GPA of 2.6 or higher for course placement submit your high school transcript to Admissions at least one day prior to your SOAR session.
- Check your online Student Center for any Holds (Visit the Welcome Center in SC-118 for assistance)
Required items to bring to SOAR:
- Student ID Number
- MEID and password (Visit the Welcome Center in room SC-118 to set up password if needed)
- Printed copy of your WritePlacer, Reading Comprehension & Math placement test scores (no pending scores) OR Printed Unofficial High School Transcript - GPA must be 2.6 or higher to be used in lieu of placement testing (needs to be within the last 10 years)
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID, or Passport
Please arrive 30 minutes early for Check-In
May 28 - June 27, 2019*
(*Session start times will be different on the designated dates below in the Enrollment Days section)
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays at 10am
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Thursdays at 3pm
Enrollment Days 2019 - Special SOAR Sessions
June 10, 11, 12
- 9am, 12pm, 3pm
Location: LIB-463 (Closest parking: Parking Lot D)
Campus Map: www.scottsdalecc.edu/locations/maps