SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is a mandatory 3-hour program for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or certificate, or taking general studies classes. All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR, even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students.
- Speak with & ask questions to current students.
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students.
- Meet with an advisor.
- Select and register for your first semester classes*.
*Students must register for class prior to the first class meeting.
Required items for SOAR:
- Student ID #
- Student Center Password (Visit the Welcome Center (SC-118) to set up password)
- Printed copy of your WritePlacer, Reading Comprehension & Math placement test scores from Testing Center (No pending scores)
- Unofficial High School Transcript if you have attended high school within the last 3 years
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID or Passport
- If you will be under 18 at the time of registration, the 'Financial responsibility and Consent Form' must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian to be eligible to register at SOAR. Form can be found here: my.maricopa.edu/services/admissions-records-registration/under-18-financial-responsibility-and-consent
- Check your online Student Center for any Holds (Visit the Welcome Center (SC-118) for assistance)
SOAR Schedule (Updated as of: July 11, 2018)
July 9 – August 2, 2018
- Monday through Thursday at 10 AM
- Monday through Thursday at 3 PM
August 6 – August 17, 2018
- Monday through Friday at 10 AM
- Monday through Friday at 3 PM
Location: LIB-463 (Closest parking: Parking Lot D)
Campus Map: www.scottsdalecc.edu/locations/maps