SOAR for new students
Scottsdale Orientation, Advising and Registration
SOAR is a mandatory 3-hour program for all students who are new to college and are seeking a degree or certificate, or taking general studies classes. All recent high school graduates must attend SOAR, even if you took college classes while in high school.
At SOAR you will:
- Meet other new students.
- Speak with & ask questions to current students.
- Learn of the various resources & services available to new students.
- Meet with an advisor.
- Select and register for your first semester classes*.
*Students must register for class prior to the first class meeting.
Required items for SOAR:
- Student ID #
- Student Center Password (Visit the Welcome Center (SC-118) to set up password)
- Printed copy of your WritePlacer, Reading Comprehension & Math placement test scores from Testing Center (No pending scores)
- Photo ID such as a Driver’s License, State ID or Passport
- Check your online Student Center for any Holds (Visit the Welcome Center (SC-118) for assistance)
SOAR Schedule (Updated as of: October 3, 2017)
October 10 - December 19
- Tuesdays at 2:30 PM
- October 11, November 1 & December at 10 AM
- November 6 at 5 PM
January 2 - January 12
- Mondays, Wednesday & Fridays at 10 AM
- Tuesdays & Thursdays at 2:30 PM