Taught by professionals to become a professional! SCC’s nationally-recognized Theatre Arts program inspires a new community of Theatre students through a combination of classroom study and production applications that emphasize the collaborative nature of Theatre Arts.
What you can expect
SCC’s Theatre Arts program is recognized by national theatre educators and professionals for the outstanding achievements of its students and faculty.
The program combines classroom study with opportunities for public performances each semester, and summer professional training through the Scottsdale Conservatory Theatre.
The SCC Theatre Arts program prepares students to achieve their personal and professional goals in a number of ways. Students may:
- Prepare for professional careers in theatre and related entertainment fields
- Fulfill degree requirements for the Associate of Arts (A.A.) and Associate of Arts, Fine Arts (A.A.F.A.) degrees
- Pursue humanities and fine arts electives for general studies
- Explore personal creativity
- Cultivate critical skills as an audience member
The Theatre Arts program at SCC offers students a friendly atmosphere, close contact with faculty and staff, small classes with individual attention, immediate opportunities for production participation, and a student club!
What are you looking for?
The Theatre Arts program offers you an exciting hands-on theatrical experience that prepares you for the professional world or a transfer to a four-year university. Our courses are taught by industry professionals, to help you become a professional.
Theatre Degree Options
- The A.A.F.A. transfer degree combines the required lower-division courses for students transferring to an Arizona university with courses for a Theatre Arts major. You can focus on an emphasis in Acting, Design or Technical Theatre.
- Occupational Certificate in Technical Theatre – This is a hands’ on degree that focuses on career placement. It is an intense study in technical theatre, with virtually no general education requirements for completion. Upcoming certificate areas of study include: Audio, Lighting, Costuming, Hair and Makeup, Set Construction, Props, Stage Crew, Puppetry, and Cosplay.