The Recreation Management program prepares students for entry-level employment opportunities in several areas including the following:
- Government entities and programs, such as the federal government, national parks, military entities, state parks/fairs, fish and game, county and municipal functions, city parks and recreation programs.
- Commercial/for profit sector, such as amusement parks, sporting stadiums/facilities, resorts activities, cruise activities, golf courses and resorts management, recreational outfitters, etc.
- Non-profit/volunteerism sector, such as YMCA, Boys and Girls clubs, Habitat for Humanity, nonprofit management, and summer camps.
- Therapeutic/Adaptive, such as Special Olympics, hospital positions, equestrian centers, etc.
- Collegiate programs, such as intramural programs, recreational facilities, sports clubs, and athletics.