The Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program at Scottsdale Community College is designed to prepare students for jobs in the fields of exercise science, fitness, and nutrition.
The Nutrition for Fitness & Wellness Certificate is designed for Personal Trainers who want to expand their knowledge of Nutrition as well as those individuals (non-PT) who want a basic Nutrition certificate.
Students can complement their Personal Training Specialist Certificate and AAS degree in Exercise Science with a Nutrition for Fitness & Wellness Certificate. This is a great combination of “stackable” certificates and degrees for those in the fields of exercise science and fitness.
SCC’s Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program provides students learning experiences that create a solid foundation of nutrition knowledge applied to a variety of individuals. Our instructors all have a minimum of a Masters degrees in Nutrition as well as other Nutrition credentials.
5302 Certificate of Completion (CCL) in Nutrition for Fitness and Wellness
Students who choose SCC’s Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program will have many unique opportunities to develop their professional potential and leadership skills including:
- Fitness & Nutrition Club: Students develop their leadership potential while having a positive impact on the SCC campus & local Scottsdale community.
- SCC Food Pantry: Students involved with the SCC Food Pantry (Artie’s FIT Market) have the opportunity to help serve SCC students experiencing food insecurity.
- Project 241: Students involved with Project 241 focus on helping SCC students plan healthy meals while living on a college budget.
- Food Waste Initiative: Students involved with the Food Waste Initiative help to raise food waste awareness on campus and how it contributes to hunger.
- Community Garden:Students involved with the SCC Community Garden have the opportunity to cultivate plant food and manage the garden program.
- Forever Fit Project: Student interns provide supervised one-on-one nutrition consulting to Scottsdale seniors who are enrolled in the program.