The Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program at Scottsdale Community College is designed to prepare students for jobs in the fields of exercise science, fitness, and nutrition.
Students can complete our Associate of Arts in Pre-Nutrition to be prepared for University transfer to Human Nutrition & Dietetics programs.
SCC’s Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program provides students learning experiences that create a solid foundation of nutrition knowledge applied to a variety of individuals. Our instructors all have a minimum of a Masters degrees in Nutrition as well as other Nutrition credentials.
Our Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program provides an excellent 2-year education at a very affordable price, which makes SCC a great place to start your 4-year degree path.
8115 Associate in Arts (AA), Nutrition
SCC’s Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program provide students with multiple transfer options to Universities to earn a Bachelors Degree.
The AA degree in Pre-Nutrition from SCC is transferable to the following degree programs:
- BS in Human Nutrition from Arizona State University (ASU)
- BS in Dietetics from ASU
- BS in Nutritional Sciences from University of Arizona
- Many other BS programs at Universities around the US
The AA degree in Pre-Nutrition is a two-year degree with multiple University transfer options to earn a four-year Bachelors degrees in an area related to Nutrition.
This degree path may also be ideal for those entering into other professions such as Physician Assistants, Dentists, Medical Doctors, and Pharmacists.
Graduates of our program will go on to earn a Bachelors degree in Nutrition which can then lead to jobs in the field of nutrition such as:
- Nutritionists and Dietitians
The nutrition profession is expected to have much faster than average job growth at approximately 15% per year. The median wage is $28.56 per hour and $59,400 annually.
Job prospects should be best for workers with professional certification or increased levels of formal education in nutrition.
You can find more information regarding Nutrition employment outlook at https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dietitians-and-nutritionists.htm
Students who choose SCC’s Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program will have many unique opportunities to develop their professional potential and leadership skills including:
- Fitness & Nutrition Club: Students develop their leadership potential while having a positive impact on the SCC campus & local Scottsdale community.
- SCC Food Pantry: Students involved with the SCC Food Pantry (Artie’s FIT Market) have the opportunity to help serve SCC students experiencing food insecurity.
- Project 241: Students involved with Project 241 focus on helping SCC students plan healthy meals while living on a college budget.
- Food Waste Initiative: Students involved with the Food Waste Initiative help to raise food waste awareness on campus & how it contributes to hunger.
- Community Garden: Students involved with the SCC Community Garden have the opportunity to cultivate plant food and manage the garden program.
- Forever Fit Project: Student interns provide supervised one-on-one nutrition consulting to Scottsdale seniors who are enrolled in the program.
Robert Martin III, MS, Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition Program Director
Set up an advising meeting by emailing or calling Robert Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org (480) 423-6205.