The Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program at Scottsdale Community College is designed to prepare students for jobs in the fields of exercise science, fitness, and nutrition.
Students can complete our Associate of Arts in Pre-Nutrition to be prepared for University transfer to Human Nutrition & Dietetics programs.
SCC’s Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program provides students learning experiences that create a solid foundation of nutrition knowledge applied to a variety of individuals. Our instructors all have a minimum of a Masters degrees in Nutrition as well as other Nutrition credentials.
Our Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program provides an excellent 2-year education at a very affordable price, which makes SCC a great place to start your 4-year degree path.
8115 Associate in Arts (AA), Nutrition
Students who choose SCC’s Exercise Science, Personal Training, & Nutrition program will have many unique opportunities to develop their professional potential and leadership skills including:
- Fitness & Nutrition Club: Students develop their leadership potential while having a positive impact on the SCC campus & local Scottsdale community.
- SCC Food Pantry: Students involved with the SCC Food Pantry (Artie’s FIT Market) have the opportunity to help serve SCC students experiencing food insecurity.
- Project 241: Students involved with Project 241 focus on helping SCC students plan healthy meals while living on a college budget.
- Food Waste Initiative: Students involved with the Food Waste Initiative help to raise food waste awareness on campus & how it contributes to hunger.
- Community Garden: Students involved with the SCC Community Garden have the opportunity to cultivate plant food and manage the garden program.
- Forever Fit Project: Student interns provide supervised one-on-one nutrition consulting to Scottsdale seniors who are enrolled in the program.